Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 speeds slow

Jag73
Aspirant

R7000 speeds slow

M 2016 R7000 runs at 106 mbps and my ISP comes to my modem at over 400 mbps. I used to have 100mbps ISP and the router ran around 95.  I have manually set the channel @ 149. I disabled the 2G and only use 5G. Qos is disabled and keyboard blocking is set to never as is service blocking.  The firmware version of my router is V1.0.11.100_10.2.100 and there is nothing indicating a newer firmware up date. Any one know how to increase the speed without changing routers.

Message 1 of 6
Kitsap
Master

Re: R7000 speeds slow

@Jag73 wrote:

M 2016 R7000 runs at 106 mbps and my ISP comes to my modem at over 400 mbps. I used to have 100mbps ISP and the router ran around 95.  I have manually set the channel @ 149. I disabled the 2G and only use 5G. Qos is disabled and keyboard blocking is set to never as is service blocking.  The firmware version of my router is V1.0.11.100_10.2.100 and there is nothing indicating a newer firmware up date. Any one know how to increase the speed without changing routers.

There is some background information required that is necessary to give you the best answer.

What is the brand name and model number of the modem?

What device are you using to test your throughput capacity?

What application are you using to test your throughput capacity.

There is newer firmware available.  It would be best to install it manually.  See here for instructions:

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router 

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/New-R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-11-136-Releas...

@Jag73 wrote:

Message 3 of 6
Jag73
Aspirant

I found the firmware update 1.0.11.136 but when using the link to down load I got a download "fragments of file" which is a .chk file associated with the  firmware zip file which I am unable to download. I've run a elevated cmd prompt and ran chkdsk which showed my file system to have no errors.

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

.chk is expected file format extension after it's unpack from the .zip file. DO NOT attempt to open this file. 
Navigate into the routers web page and fine the Router Update section in the routers Advanced Tab section and use the manual FW update tab to navigate and locate this .chk file to up load the FW there:

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-route

Message 5 of 6
Kitsap
Master

@Jag73 wrote:

I found the firmware update 1.0.11.136 but when using the link to down load I got a download "fragments of file" which is a .chk file associated with the  firmware zip file which I am unable to download. I've run a elevated cmd prompt and ran chkdsk which showed my file system to have no errors.

Do not know what part of the world you are downloading to.  In the Seattle WA area the firmware download file (in a zip folder) downloads fine.  From the zip folder you have to unpack (copy) the .chk file to a directory on your computer then follow the instructions for a manual update.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7