Re: R7000 streaming problem

Jaylee8900
Aspirant

R7000 streaming problem

Router worked great for almost two years. Fast speed, little to no interruptions. Roughly 6 months ago our streaming began interrupting. Netflix, hulu, youtube, etc. All show slow speeds, major buffering, low quality, and just losing connection altogether. We can be streaming a show and it plays for roughly 5 min until the entire router shuts down and resets. Happens again after 5 min of streaming. This cycle goes on for hours. It does not happen all the time, however it is very frequent. My wife and I need a reliable router, she occasionally works from home and I do schooling online. The speeds we pay for from spectrum (200+mbps) are not showing up in the router and its just very frustrating. I have scoured the internet looking for a remedy. Disabling QoS did nothing. Disabling MMS did nothing. Soft reset, hard reset, firmware update, all nothing. I'm at my wits end, we paid a good amount of money for the product and it barely lasted two years. Any advice you guys could give would be greatly appreciated.

I can also give more technical information if you guys ask about it. (I'm not sure what information is pertinent, not super tech savvy)

Thanks for your time!
Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 6
IrvSp
Master

For starters, the Firmware version you are on?

NG has messed up firmware starting about a year ago maybe. Can cause problems like you see. Last 3 drops, from V1.0.9.60 have been problematic for many users with varying problems.

If you are on that or later, go back to V1.0.9.42 which most users find the most reliable. Once on it, TURN OFF AUTO UPDATE!

Message 2 of 6
Jaylee8900
Aspirant

How do I go back to a previous firmware update?
Message 3 of 6
antinode
Guru

> How do I go back to a previous firmware update?

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Downloads.  (For older versions, under Firmware and Software
Downloads, look for "View Previous Versions".)  Find the kit(s).
Download the kit(s) you want.  Read the "Release Notes" file for
instructions.

Message 4 of 6
Jaylee8900
Aspirant

Downloaded and installed previous firm ware. Tried turning WMM on and then tried it off. Same with QoS. Still slow speeds, buffering, and complete internet shut down
Message 5 of 6
Jaylee8900
Aspirant

Do I need to purchase a new router altogether. Its is a little bit less than 2 years old, should not be going bad already.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements