Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 tends to crash after updating to IPv6 and changing ISP modem to Ubee UBC1318ZG

Marchelloh
Initiate

R7000 tends to crash after updating to IPv6 and changing ISP modem to Ubee UBC1318ZG

Hi all,

I still have an older Netgear router up&running, the R7000. A few months ago, my internetsupplier (Ziggo in Netherlands) informed me that i could finally upgrade to IPv6, but I had to take their new modem (Ubee UBC1318ZG) and put that in bridge mode which I did.

In principle it all works fine. However, if we connect a few devices at the same time the R7000 tends to crash or the internet connection stops working. However, if we do not connect too much with the R7000 it stays stable (for example, during holidays the router continues to function despite working with our alarm system and our camera's).

The router was stable before the IPv6 and modem upgrade. The router runs on the latest firmware (V1.0.11.100_10.2.100). IPv6 testing websites indicate that the score is 18/20 as the router is filtering ICMPv6 messages. Not sure if that can be solved.

Do I need to upgrade the router as it is getting too old now and can't meet IPv6 standards, or can i find better settings for the router to operate properly?

The router has to serve a significant amount of computers, TV's, phones, a NAS, security camera's and other appliances both via wired and wireless connection.

Help would be much appreciated!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R7000 tends to crash after updating to IPv6 and changing ISP modem to Ubee UBC1318ZG

1. you're not on the latest version of firmware. the Current right now is 1.0.11.134

2. not all ISP devices run fine in bridge mode. Try leaving the ubee in router mode (disabling its wifi) and either put the netgear's ip address into the Ubee's DMZ or put the netgear in access point mode. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

1. you're not on the latest version of firmware. the Current right now is 1.0.11.134

2. not all ISP devices run fine in bridge mode. Try leaving the ubee in router mode (disabling its wifi) and either put the netgear's ip address into the Ubee's DMZ or put the netgear in access point mode. 

Message 2 of 4
Marchelloh
Initiate

Thanks!

I always checked for new firmware through via the check delivered with the R7000 software, that showed that i was on latest firmware. I have now updated the software. If the crashing continues, I will get my Ubee out of bridge mode.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Good luck! let me know how it goes

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7