Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 trying to change my email in my profile

drml
Aspirant

R7000 trying to change my email in my profile

I see some long threads about frustration in trying to change the email associated with my Profile.  I myself also cannot change my old email (that has been changed by my university) to my new email.  I follow a link that someone provided and I get to the place where I input my old and new emails, but I get an error message when I input the one and only password that I have for the older email.  There is no link if your password is "forgotten."

Is there anyone to contact?  The Support button (actually MySupport) takes me back to this Community.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Yes take a look at this KB it has an email you can contact.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Registration-Issues-Help/m-p/1845791#M146172

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
drml
Aspirant

The email address sent to me (or to you) gives a Case # and you have 24 hours to call the toll-free #.  Somebody from Customer Service will assist.  I'm waiting for my 2nd code because I had an emergency/deadlines the first time, but trust it will be resolved soon.  In short, there is no way that you can change your initial "permanent" email address yourself on the web, unlike every other IT business I've ever dealt with.  I guess it was the NetGear way when they first started and has never changed, so don't waste time looking...

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7