Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 unable to connect with CM500 Netgear Modem

BarryVenom
Aspirant

R7000 unable to connect with CM500 Netgear Modem

I recently moved to my new apartments and got a new internet connection from comcast. I had bought a new CM500 Netgear Modem on which I recieve a good internet connection when connected through a ethernet cable. Once I connect this ethernet cable to my AC1900 - R700 Wifi router, I dont see the internet symbol turning into white LED color, instead it just stays in Organe color indicating that it has not internet connectivity. I am pretty sure the modem is doig it job correctly cause I simply plugged in the ethernet cable from the CM500 modem ot my laptop and I am able to connecte to the internet. This would simply mean that for some odd reason, the wifi router is not receiving connection from CM500 modem or something is wrong with the ethernet interface of my wifi router. I have tried to factory reset it several times, no luck so far. I paid $150 on this product and I hope someone here from Netgear Community can help me solve or troubleshoot this issue. Thanks.

Model R700 AC1900 Nighthawk Wifi Router
Firmwware Version - 1.0.7.12

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: R7000 unable to connect with CM500 Netgear Modem

BarryVenom,

Once you have everything connected, log into the router.  Check Advanced tab >Settings > Internet Setup.

Ensure Internet IP Address is set to > Get dynamically from ISP (Unless you have static) if so enter it.

Then below, Router Mac Address.  The first radio button will be selected as default.  Use default Mac address.

If you have no internet, change it to the second radio button.  "Use Computer Mac address".  Apply setting and test.  Report your results.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

Have you taken the whole network through the setup process?

There is a manual for the CM500 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> CM500 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

It is important to do things in the right order.

Message 2 of 4

BarryVenom,

Once you have everything connected, log into the router.  Check Advanced tab >Settings > Internet Setup.

Ensure Internet IP Address is set to > Get dynamically from ISP (Unless you have static) if so enter it.

Then below, Router Mac Address.  The first radio button will be selected as default.  Use default Mac address.

If you have no internet, change it to the second radio button.  "Use Computer Mac address".  Apply setting and test.  Report your results.

Message 3 of 4
BarryVenom
Aspirant

Sorry for the late response, I called up Netgear Tech Support and they asked me to exactly do what you said - "Assign computer's mac address to netgear Wifi router and rebooted the wifi router". I will accept your answer. Thanks 🙂

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7