Re: R7000 unreliable after upgrading firmware > 1.0.9.26 (no wireles printing and droping signal)

MacNet33
Luminary

R7000 unreliable after upgrading firmware > 1.0.9.26 (no wireles printing and droping signal)

Symtoms:

No wireless printer: Smiley Frustrated

After upgrading from firmware 1.09.18 (Router R7000), to 1.0.9.26 or above firmwares the capability to wireless print in my HP 252dw printer stopped working. Sending from a PC, or IOS or Android phone was useless. The printer device didn't show up in the network.

Verifying via the web adminitrator (routerlogin.net) in the attached devices menu the printer name doesn't appear. Usually it does. When it does, I am sure that the wireless printing works. However after some hours or days, the device stopped showing in the network, so wireless printing becomes unavailable.

Internet signal dropping:Smiley Frustrated

After the upgrad, the internet connection drops from time to time.

SSID disappearing:Smiley Frustrated

From time to time, also,  the SSID in 2.4Ghz disappears and devices cannot see it. However 5Ghz SSID is still there.

Things done to try solve the problem (almost all unsuccessful):smileyindifferent:

I downgraded to 1.0.9.18 and everything went back to normal. However with the VPNFilter Malware I decided to Factory Reset the router and installed the latest firmware.

At the time of this post, lates firmware is 1.0.9.28. After upgrading again to 1.0.9.28, everything worked fine for the first 24 to 48 hours. Then internet started dropping again and wireless printing stopped working. After a reboot everthing went back to normal but just for few hours until the mentioned problems arise again.

I also tried 1.0.9.30 - Hot Fix with the same results. It works during first 4 to 12 hours and after that wireless printing stopped working, SSID dissapears from time to time and internet becomes slow or stopped working for brief periods.

At this point this R7000 has become unreliable and I am running out of options.

Logs usually say that internet was disconnected at a specific time, but other than that is pretty much useless to find the culprit of the problem.

In addition to the above, what I am reading in this community forum is that some folks are having more or less the same problems after upgrading to latest firmwares.

Is there any official information from Netgear regarding R7000 failures or problems?

Any ideas, suggestions?

Would it be safe to go back to 1.0.9.18?

I am going to perform another factory reset and reinstall the latest firmware.

I appreciate your comments.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
CaraMyMia
Luminary

Re: R7000 unreliable after upgrading firmware > 1.0.9.26 (no wireles printing and droping signal)

Same issue with mine. After upgrade, internet connection became intermittent and my devices cannot find the signal (especially my smart plugs).

Can anyone tell me how to downgrade?
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 6
antinode
Guru

> [...] Can anyone tell me how to downgrade?

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Downloads.  Under Firmware and Software Downloads, look for "View
Previous Versions".  Find the kit(s).  Download the kit you want.  Read
the "Release Notes" file for instructions.

Message 3 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi All, 

A new firmware update is available. Please update the firmware to 1.0.9.32. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059134/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-9-32

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 6
CaraMyMia
Luminary

Is there an update for the R8000?
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 5 of 6
xididi
Luminary

Hey, come on. All these new firmwares for the R7000 are a mess.

I've tried several new ones the last 2 weeks, including some betas you've posted here, now the new R7000-V1.0.9.32_10.2.34.

Devices are disconnected (e.g. a Chromebook, my Watering System from Hunter can't even find the network anymore!), Internet is slow as hell.

Downgraded to V1.0.9.18_1.2.27 again, which works quite good. Watering system immediately connected itself again etc.

Come on - what's up with you?!

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E