Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 upgrade doesn't give me a choice to upgrade.

sunshine1019
Follower

R7000 upgrade doesn't give me a choice to upgrade.

I am a home user and haven't upgraded my firmware in about 1 year. I had the system check for upgrades and I receive the detail below. As you can see, it doens't give me a choice to choose "yes" to upgrade. What should I do to upgrade?

A new version has been found. Do You want to upgrade to the new version now?
Current GUI Language Version: 1.0.3.80_2.1.38.1
New GUI Language Version: 1.0.7.10_2.1.38.1
Current Firmware Version 1.0.3.80
New Firmware Version 1.0.7.10_1.2.3

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

You can manually install the firmware.  Download the firmware here and follow the instructions in the enclosed Release Notes.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

You can manually install the firmware.  Download the firmware here and follow the instructions in the enclosed Release Notes.

Message 2 of 5
LeeH
Prodigy

Go here to download the firmware:  https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r7000.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic#download

You might be able to reset your router before the upgrade and get the upgrade button back.  But you will definitely need to do a factory reset after any firmware change.

To reset push in the reset button on the back of the router for at least 10 seconds until the power light turns orange and starts to blink.

Message 3 of 5
IrvSp
Master

You should be able to do it directly from the router? No button, it could be your browser or an add-on you've installed. Not sure what OS you are on, but I'd try using a different browser and/or clearing the browser cache.

It should be done from a WIRED PC though, not via Wireless (although that should work too, but in some cases it will not).

Message 4 of 5

Here's the manual:

R7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

See page 147.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7