Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 using USB readyshare for backups

JJ77
Tutor

R7000 using USB readyshare for backups

I have a WD 8T external drive plugged into the router USB port. All pc's can see the drive through readyshare. Can you safely use the drive through ready share to backup the pc's??  All pcs and tablets can read from the drive and play media files. I am not using the drive to send outside my household lan setup.  Thanks for any insight

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

ReadyShare is a part of your LAN. It shows up in the Network in Windows. Unless you have done something to make these drives available on the internet, no one out there is going to be able to access your files.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

What's the question?

If the PCs can see the USB drive you can certainly backup to them. Just use software of your choice.

Message 2 of 5
JJ77
Tutor

Sorry I was not clear. Safely is the question. When trying to backup PC get message that not safe to backup to internet destinations. When reading through easy share it looks like the basic selection would limit access to the saved data, but not completely sure this is the case. Since easyshare appears to be outside the household LAN, that is what the concern is.

Message 3 of 5

ReadyShare is a part of your LAN. It shows up in the Network in Windows. Unless you have done something to make these drives available on the internet, no one out there is going to be able to access your files.

Message 4 of 5
JJ77
Tutor

Master  Thank you

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements