Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 wifi drops

chopin70
Virtuoso

Re: R7000 wifi drops

Yes, I did.

I flashed through Odin a whole new system partition of latest firmware

1 TV and 2 Android devices, and many threads here with same issue

So, clearly, it is related to Android, but could be fixed by Netgear... Maybe devices stuck to november/december updates are out of luck since Netgear doesn't seem aware of the issue

Message 26 of 27
chopin70
Virtuoso

Re: R7000 wifi drops

@JamesGL

I fixed the issue, really f**king stupid fix. I had to narrow my google search to xda:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/help/problem-wifi-note-4-update-t3499009/post69616505#post69...

Hey everyone I was able to temporarily fix this issue by turning off wifi scanning in (Settings > Location > Improve Accuracy). I heard somewhere on here it might have been a recent app update that is causing the issue.

I normally always have this setting off. I verified, and all my devices had it on back. I guess on each Android update they try to dig again in our privacy...

Disabling it fixed all disconnections on my Galaxy Note 4. Newer devices like Android 7 and Android 8 phones have no issues with this option enabled

Hope it can help Netgear fix it also on their side. In fact, this fix cannot resolve my Android TV disconnections. A TV firmware update made things better on TV but did not fix completely the disconnections

Message 27 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7