Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 wired working, devices can't connect to wifi

jjblaze
Aspirant

R7000 wired working, devices can't connect to wifi

Hello,

This morning a weird issue popped up. All of my wireless devices can not connect via wifi.  The router has the current firmware (V1.0.11.136_10.2.120).  The wifi SSID are displaying, but no connections.

I tested connecting via wifi using my phone, printer, laptop, etc.  I rebooted the router a few times also.  No dice.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R7000 wired working, devices can't connect to wifi

Ok. Lets do a factory reset by pressing the reset button for 10 seconds then release. When the power and wifi radio LEDs turn ON, pull the power adapter for 30 seconds, then plug it back in. After the router is back to ready, walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC and web browser at 192.168.1.1. 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure the WiFi is enabled on the router. There is a LED button that you can press for 5 seconds then release. This should turn on the 2.4 and 5Ghz radio LEDs on top of they are off. 

Message 2 of 6
jjblaze
Aspirant

Thanks.

The 2.4 & 5GHz lights were on.  I held down the (( . )) button to turn them off, the back on.  Removed the SSID from my phone, then tried to reconnect with the password.  Still could not connect. 😐

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Lets do a factory reset by pressing the reset button for 10 seconds then release. When the power and wifi radio LEDs turn ON, pull the power adapter for 30 seconds, then plug it back in. After the router is back to ready, walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC and web browser at 192.168.1.1. 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended.

Message 4 of 6
jjblaze
Aspirant

That did the trick.  Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7