Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 wireless not working

VanillaSuede
Aspirant

R7000 wireless not working

I don't know how long I've had this thing, probably less than a year, and have had no issues (from looking at these forums seems like I'm lucky). All of a sudden the wireless stopped working. In the router settings on home there is a yellow exclamation point denoting that there is a problem with the wireless however it's not giving me any sort of feedback as to what this might be. I've tried updating the firmware, as well as rebooting. The wired seems to work fine. Considering the amount of money I paid for this thing it would be nice if it actually worked.

Message 1 of 30

Accepted Solutions
VanillaSuede
Aspirant

Message 2 of 30

All Replies
VanillaSuede
Aspirant

and I fixed it

Message 2 of 30
pakgear
Aspirant

Glad to hear.  What did you change that resolved the issue?

Message 3 of 30
madhatter
Apprentice

probably user error

Message 4 of 30
VanillaSuede
Aspirant

Yup - user error. For whatever reason the radio shut itself off - either that or my brother (who is visiting) did something stupid to shut it off. I found it a little odd that you can disable it on the hardware but you can't reenable with the software but then again I'm the moron who just needed to push a button for two seconds to make it work - what do I know?

Message 5 of 30
VE6CGX
Master

Finger problems, Eh?

Good to hear you are back on the air.

Message 6 of 30
spellbnd1016
Initiate

I happened to be cleaning today and I accidentally turned off the wi-fi. This post made me laugh because I too was the root cause. Thanks for posting!

Message 7 of 30
Sgt_Rock
Initiate

My R7000  is no longer transmitting a WIFI  signal.  It was working fine until I added a new wired computer.  I have 10 other wired devices that have been there and worked all along.  I see no way to turn it back on.  I treid with a wireless laptop I have been using for years.  No luck. 

Message 8 of 30
netwrks
Master

Did you press the WIFI button on the router, by any chance?

Message 9 of 30
Sgt_Rock
Initiate

Yeah.  Stupid people like me should not be allowed to play with high tech devices.  I might shurt myself.  Who knew, what i thought was a light, was a button.  Thanks.

Message 10 of 30
netwrks
Master

@Sgt_Rock Been there. Done that! 🙂 Happy to hear it's working again..

Message 11 of 30
Amjathcool
Aspirant

Wired connections are working, but wifi is not working. Pressed the wifi button for 2 seconds, but still wifi is not getting on. Please help in getting my wifi problem fixed.
Message 12 of 30
ArcHammer
Initiate

I am in the same situation. My wifi is disable and the Wifi button press (2 seconds or longer) will not re-enable.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 13 of 30
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Access the UI and make sure to enable router radio.

https://kb.netgear.com/24101/How-do-I-enable-or-disable-the-wireless-radios-on-my-Nighthawk-router

If still the same, reset the router.

Message 14 of 30
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 15 of 30
curryfoundation
Initiate

I've tried reseting, logging on directly, though now it says I'm not on its network. Even though I'm using a wired connection. While I was logged on, I managed to select enable radio, though it still does not work. It was fine Thursday, but when I got back into town today, my wifi was just not working.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 16 of 30
JamesGL
Master

Hi curryfoundation,

Can you see the wireless network?

What is the firmware version of the router?

How many devices are affected?

Message 17 of 30
madhatter
Apprentice

try resetting the router back to factory specs using the reset button.  Also double check your adapter settings in Control Panel to make sure you are acquiring the IP ADDRESS and DNS ADDRESS automatically.

Once you have done that, try connecting wirelessly to the default SSID that comes up after the reset.  Let us know what happens.

Message 18 of 30
curryfoundation
Initiate

I cannot see the wireless SSID. I've tried searching for the SSID on my laptop, phone, and xbox one to no avail.  I just factory set madhatter, used original settings, wireless is still off. I then went to routerlogin.net and it's telling me the wireless is turned off.wireless radio.jpgwireless.jpg

Even though the radios are set to be enabled, it still says wireless is off. The kicker is that, the hard wireless button is lit up like a christmas tree informing me that wireless should in fact be on.

Firmware VersionV1.0.1.14_1.0.59
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 19 of 30
phanee421
Initiate

Hi ,

i am also facing smiliar issue / 

how to reolve this .?

Message 20 of 30
OldEars
Tutor

I'm having the same problem - but my wireless light is out. Holding the button down for 2 seconds, 5 seconds, 30 seconds - no change and the light remains off.

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 21 of 30
liname
Initiate

Yeah me too. It seems to happen not only with us. 

------------------------------------------------------
You can visit me here:
My website for download Sun NXT Apps apk for free

My facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allison.hadid.12

Message 22 of 30
Lilozy
Aspirant

I am having a similar issue with my Netgear cable modem router. Even after a reset, I cannot get the WiFi to be visible. Or it is only visible for less than a minute, and then disappears from all devices. The wifi light stays on as if functioning properly.
Message 23 of 30
Angelo1
Aspirant

FYI - novice computer guy. I had dead wi/fi to all devices (laptop, phones, smart TV) after a cable network outage (internet, phone, cable TV). I rebooted everything after cable access returned (turned off cable modem and router per standard procedures). Modem came back correctly, netgear router only had the power light, internet light and port 4 light were lit (ethernet cable is plugged in to #4), nothing else was lit. Tried pushing wi/fi and wps buttons in all combinations and on/off times, no luck.

I fished around the internet and Netgear support site. Ended up directed to login to the help site for my registered product Nighthawk 7000, then go to advanced settings, wireless section. I found that the check boxes for wireless (2.4 & 5 Gb) were grayed out and would not respond. Then I noticed a 'firm update available' alert for my router. I proceeded to update my system software and the wi/fi system started working fine again immediately after the update finished.

Another fyi, corded (ethernet cable to my desk top) had worked fine all along - which is how I managed to dig up the info.

Message 24 of 30
redfun121
Aspirant

we have the same ploblem but when i started useing it again it just died in the pm

Message 25 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7