Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 wireless not working

DavidB79
Aspirant

Re: R7000 wireless not working

I have similar problem than many users here and didn't find a solution. I can't find the wireless networks, button on the router shows that radio is enabled, Genie show than both. Et work are activated with visible SSID but the home page shows the yellow alert saying that wireless is not activated.
I tried everything from factory reset to pressing buttons and enable/disable in Genie... nothing works. I spent hours looking for an answer in the Netgear support community without any success. Please help me
Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 26 of 30
OldEars
Tutor

I fixed my problem by resetting to factory settings. I initially tried saving my settings, but restoring them after factory reset just brought the problem back, so I had to reset again. Then I laboriously (JK, it took less than 10 minutes...) re-entered all the items I was trying to restore.  Still working well weeks later.

Message 27 of 30
gyaniboyz
Aspirant

I have the same issue with my R7000 router. It works with a wired connection (Ethernet cable) but does not work with wifi. As with the screenshots shared by CurryFoundation; I have the same view on the router homepage. Tried all these-

• Factory Reset ;
  • Hard reset (with the reset button)
  • Changed the wifi SSID and pwd
  • Tried checking and unchecking the "Wireless Router Radio" checkbox
  • Downgraded firmware to V1.0.4.30 .

Any other suggestions that may get the WiFi working?

Thanks!

~Ganesh

Message 28 of 30
OldEars
Tutor

I did a hard reset, then restored my settings from the saved file. No love, but then I repeated the reset and it worked. Manually restored my settings one-by-one and it still works. Sorry this didn't work for you. 

Message 29 of 30
gyaniboyz
Aspirant

I just got it working. Here's what I followed.

• Hold hard reset for 60 sec
  • Uplug the power connection for 60 sec
  • Reconnect power cable & wait for lights to turn white

Now all devices are back online for the past hour. Fingers crossed for continued connectivity.

Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7