Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 won't connect to internet

Osoposo
Aspirant

R7000 won't connect to internet

Nighthawk R7000 fw version V1.0.7.2_1.1.93
Xfinity internet with Zoom modem

Home screen shows internet not connected. Connecting PC directly to cable modem works fine.

The internet LED shows amber but from the web interface, it shows no internet connection and doesn't detect a cable in the internet port.
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Osoposo
Aspirant

Re: R7000 won't connect to internet

I left this unresolved over night and i the morning, shut down both the cable modem and R7000. I waited 2 minutes then powered on the moden and waited another 2 minutes before powering on the R7000. After an additional 2 minutes I logged into the R7000 and it had connected to the internet and all LEDs were lit white. I don't know what the problems was but it is now resolved. 

Thanks to those that offered suggestions. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @Osoposo

Have you tried the following below?

NETGEAR Cable Modem Router: Online Activation with Comcast / Xfinity service

Message 2 of 5
Osoposo
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion. This solution might have been applicable if I were just connecting to my Xfinity account for the first time but I've been connected for many years.

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Osoposo
Aspirant

I left this unresolved over night and i the morning, shut down both the cable modem and R7000. I waited 2 minutes then powered on the moden and waited another 2 minutes before powering on the R7000. After an additional 2 minutes I logged into the R7000 and it had connected to the internet and all LEDs were lit white. I don't know what the problems was but it is now resolved. 

Thanks to those that offered suggestions. 

Message 4 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thank you for the update!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements