Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 won't connect to modem

smlh
Aspirant

R7000 won't connect to modem

I have the R7000 which has been working great, but suddenly today won't recognize my modem. I have checked that the modem is transmitting correctly and when plugged directly into my computer I have no internet issues. But when I plug into the router, the Internet light turns amber and the 2.4/5 lights don't turn on at all. I have tried restarting modem/router, I have reset router, I have tried multiple Ethernet cables, I have tried reconfiguring network settings on my computer but nothing changes. Any other things to try?
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
smlh
Aspirant

Re: R7000 won't connect to modem

Thanks for the response, William. But I just went through and reset the router again and restarted everything and it seems to be working now! Not sure why it didn't work the first time.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
William10a
Master

@smlh wrote:
I have the R7000 which has been working great, but suddenly today won't recognize my modem. I have checked that the modem is transmitting correctly and when plugged directly into my computer I have no internet issues. But when I plug into the router, the Internet light turns amber and the 2.4/5 lights don't turn on at all. I have tried restarting modem/router, I have reset router, I have tried multiple Ethernet cables, I have tried reconfiguring network settings on my computer but nothing changes. Any other things to try?

No internet and no wifi leds are on have you check for the ssid from the router?

I would say that you have no wifi from the router because the wifi leds are not lighting up.

Any changes made lately to your network?

Can you log into the router by a lan cable from a computer?

Message 2 of 4
smlh
Aspirant

Thanks for the response, William. But I just went through and reset the router again and restarted everything and it seems to be working now! Not sure why it didn't work the first time.
Message 3 of 4
William10a
Master

Who know's may be even a power surge upset the router I hope you have no more problems.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7