Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 won't talk to Ubiguity NanoStation M2 (in wireless bridge mode) at speeds above "up to 54"

skiisme
Tutor

R7000 won't talk to Ubiguity NanoStation M2 (in wireless bridge mode) at speeds above "up to 54"

My R7000 works perfect with my Ubiquity NanoStation M2 (wireless bridge) when its set to "up to 54Mbps". If I set it at the other 'Modes', e.g., "up to 289" and "up to 600" it will not communicate with the NanoStation. I've spent 70 working hours trying every option under the sun and I'm confident with my report.

The NanoStation works flawlessly with my AmpedWireless R10000.

Why has Netgear crippled the "b, g, n" selections?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
skiisme
Tutor

Re: R7000 won't talk to Ubiguity NanoStation M2 (in wireless bridge mode) at speeds above "up t

I can't thank you enough. Not only was the firmware change a very simple process, the R7000 worked perfect without much, if anything, to change.  The very best part is that my Ubiquiti NanoStation M2 now works in transparent wireless bridge mode perfectly -- AT ANY SPEED.

My friend, you absolutely nailed it with your sugestion!!! Thank you!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
netwrks
Master

Re: R7000 won't talk to Ubiguity NanoStation M2 (in wireless bridge mode) at speeds above "up t

Have a look here: This firmware is real easy to load and it has more wireless setting than the stock firmware.

Message 2 of 8
skiisme
Tutor

You're very kind. Thank you for the help.

Message 3 of 8
netwrks
Master

You're welcome.Hope everything is working now. (hopefully faster!!).

Message 4 of 8
skiisme
Tutor

Well, I hope I don't sound smarter than I really am. I'm the guy responsible for holding back the national IQ score. That said, and really only knowing little (contrary to what they teach in school; the less you know the better off you are ;), I assume I'll be able to do this without bricking it....

Wish me luck.

Message 5 of 8
netwrks
Master

The instructions on the first page work perfectly..

Message 6 of 8
skiisme
Tutor

I can't thank you enough. Not only was the firmware change a very simple process, the R7000 worked perfect without much, if anything, to change.  The very best part is that my Ubiquiti NanoStation M2 now works in transparent wireless bridge mode perfectly -- AT ANY SPEED.

My friend, you absolutely nailed it with your sugestion!!! Thank you!

Message 7 of 8
netwrks
Master

Happy it worked out for you. I run that firmware on 2 R7000's and it is very stable.. As long as you follow the instructions, you're good to go! 🙂 Oh, and the logging is meaningful too! As long as you don't enable QoS, CTF will be enbled, and it will br pretty quick!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7