Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Ports for L2TP VPN

mattlbcs
Follower

R7000 Ports for L2TP VPN

I have a customer who has an existing R7000 / AC1900 set up in Firewall mode.  The customer does not want to change to AP mode due to reaching the limit of IP addresses in his subnet and does not want to expand his subnet.  I realize this may be necessary but we would like to see if there is any other options to accommodate them.   The issue we are running is an application running on the smart phones.  I suspect the firewall is blocking the application from passing data to the WIFI Lan. We can access the server on the wired LAN (a separate routed subnet) through a web interface but the application will not connect to the server on the wired LAN.  We are positive the routing is set up properly.   Is there an option to open specific ports on the firewall?  Is there any logging on the firewall to see if it is blocking the app from passing data?  Any other suggestions?   Doese this device support L2TP VPN?

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: R7000

Hi mattlbcs,

Use port forwarding to open the ports. The device is just a passthrough for L2TP VPN.

http://kb.netgear.com/24046/How-do-I-configure-port-forwarding-on-routers-with-the-NETGEAR-genie-int...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi mattlbcs,

Use port forwarding to open the ports. The device is just a passthrough for L2TP VPN.

http://kb.netgear.com/24046/How-do-I-configure-port-forwarding-on-routers-with-the-NETGEAR-genie-int...

Message 2 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi mattlbcs,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 6
dickblank
Aspirant

I cannot get the wifi to my Nest Cam........I need to speak to someone

Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi dickblank,

Do you have other wireless devices that works fine with the router? If yes, then you may need to contact Nest Cam for their assistance since the router is working fine.

Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi dickblank,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7