Highlighted
Aspirant

R7000

After hitting the reset button on the back of the router my router is no longer connecting to my Wi-Fi. So on my computers, laptops and iPhones Netgear is not even coming up as a Wi-Fi option to connect to. What do I do? 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
Highlighted
Master

Re: R7000

Ensure all the external LED's are illuminated - Manual   - Pages 10, 11.

Message 2 of 10
Highlighted
Master

RESET should put you back to the 'shipped' state. Your old SSID is not in the settings probably.

Use a WIRED PC and open a browser and enter 192.168.1.1 as the URL and you should get the UID and P/W prompt (admin and password should be entered) and that will allow you to re-do your settings.

Depending on age of the router you might have different defaults for the SSID and they should be listed on the bottom of the router.

Message 3 of 10
Highlighted
Aspirant

What if I don't have a hard wired computer at home? All my computers are wireless laptops.

Message 4 of 10
Highlighted
Master

Purchase an ethernet dongle for your laptop..

Message 5 of 10
Highlighted
Master

@Tldarmo wrote:

What if I don't have a hard wired computer at home? All my computers are wireless laptops.

How did you setup the router in the first place? You should not have done using Wireless, but I assume you did.

Is there a label on the bottom of the router with the SSID name and password? If so, use that to connect wirelessly. Otherwise view connection SSID's and hope the one for your Router (should start with NETGEAR) defaulted to no security. You should be able to connect with that.

Message 6 of 10
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I've setup my r7000 and R8500 using WIFI....just power up router and look for the NetgearXXXX SSID and use default security PassPhrase on router label. If you don't delete those connections the PC will connect automatically if and when the router is defaulted to factory settings.

Message 7 of 10
Highlighted
Tutor

For a new, or reset router, the login and password (unique to each NetGear router) is printed on the bottom of the router.

When you reset or turn on the router for the first time, you have 5 minutes to connect to the WiFi.

Be ready with another device (computer or iPad, etc) and connect to the Netgear using the User and PW

you found on the bottom of the router (and hopefully wrote down).

Then you can login, make setup changes, and you do not need ethernet port connection.

Dr.T

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 8 of 10
Highlighted
Tutor

On the bottom of the router, is a factory default user and password for WiFi (unique to each router).

When you reset, or plug in the first time, you have only 5 minutes of active WiFi to connect

for your security they don't leave it on until you configure it.

Be ready when the router is turned on to find the Netgear WiFi and connect with the USER and PW given

on the botttom of the router (on the label).

Hope that helps.

Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Tutor

Not Hard Wired ? -- No Problem to configure using WiFi only.

On the bottom of the router, is a factory default user and password for WiFi (unique to each router).

When you reset, or plug in the first time, you have only 5 minutes of active WiFi to connect

for your security they don't leave it on until you configure it.

Be ready when the router is turned on to find the Netgear WiFi and connect with the USER and PW given

on the botttom of the router (on the label).

Hope that helps.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements