R7000

Bxrkie
Aspirant

R7000

I’m trying to bridge my ARRIS TG1682 Modem/Router from Cox to make it JUST a modem. I already bridged it, changed everything through the 192.168 address, hooked up MY router (Nighthawk AC1900) and reset both. Now I have no connection through my router. Even when I’m connected via LAN. Now I’m stuck because I can’t goninto my NETGEAR router settings online via 192.168 and do cable connection set up NOR the MAC spoofing procedure. I’m really trying to get this router to work with this dumb modem/router combo from Cox. PLEASE HELP ME Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 4

Re: R7000

Go back to basics. Reset everything to factory defaults, set the modem/router to modem only and then follow the recommended startup regime:

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

Unfortunately,there are too many complaints around here about problems with Cox. It seems to fall over when people try to use third party hardware.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
Bxrkie
Aspirant

BRIDGING MY MODEM/ROUTER TO MY AC1900

Ok, so after resetting everything, and reading the manual that came with my router for set up instructions, it seems like all I needed to do was reset my Netgear router. Everything seems to be working now! Let’s hope it stays that way! Thank you so much for the help!
Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4

Re: BRIDGING MY MODEM/ROUTER TO MY AC1900

That's good news.Glad it wasn't something drastic.

Maybe Cox isn't as bad as the messages suggest.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E