R7000

bostondesignz
Follower

R7000

I have an R7000 wifi router that is connected to a CM500 extender. I can't remember the password for the extender. Is there any way to change it through the R7000?

I can't log in to the ext to change the password.

Message 1 of 5
myersw
Master

Re: R7000

I believe the CM500  is a modem not an extender?  In any case probably the only recovery is to reset the CM500 then reinstall/configure. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 2 of 5
IrvSp
Master

@bostondesignz wrote:

I have an R7000 wifi router that is connected to a CM500 extender. I can't remember the password for the extender. Is there any way to change it through the R7000?

I can't log in to the ext to change the password.

The CM500 is a MODEM, and most modems are under the control of the ISP (even if you own it). They control what firmware is on it, and might have, even in this case changed settings and passwords. Have you tried contacting them?

Message 3 of 5

Adding to what other say, there is a manual for the CM500 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> CM500 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Help for that is best sought in the approiate bit of this forum:

Cable Modems & Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Just another user with a set of boilerplate macros.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 5
myersw
Master

@IrvSp wrote:

The CM500 is a MODEM, and most modems are under the control of the ISP (even if you own it). They control what firmware is on it, and might have, even in this case changed settings and passwords. Have you tried contacting them?

I own a CM500V connected to Comcast. I can do everything to it including reseting in the UI. Only thing I cannot do is update the frimware. I can set or change PW as well.

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E