R7000

Retired_Member
Not applicable

R7000

Message 1 of 10
ericnix
Aspirant

Re: R7000

I'm guessing that's for the DDNS fix given it's in the title. No other bug fixes? I installed DD-WRT and couldn't be happier. Overclocked the CPU to 1.2 GHz and set up a HotSpot system to allow guests to log in. Took a little time to do it all, but it appears really stable.
Netgear R7000

DD-WRT Kong 24345

overclocked to 1.2 GHz
Message 2 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

set up a HotSpot system to allow guests to log in

Does the R7000 has now portal base guest login now? If so that is awesome
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 3 of 10
ericnix
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
Does the R7000 has now portal base guest login now? If so that is awesome

Yes, with DD-WRT.
Netgear R7000

DD-WRT Kong 24345

overclocked to 1.2 GHz
Message 4 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Started out fine after entering configs I played around for a few minutes and everything seemed to work fine. Within an hour I could not get IP from r7000. I revert back to last official release and called it day.
Message 5 of 10
Redtulips7
Apprentice

searay wrote:
Started out fine after entering configs I played around for a few minutes and everything seemed to work fine. Within an hour I could not get IP from r7000. I revert back to last official release and called it day.
.enough experiments have done with it!!!Time to return it for AC3200 whichone might give you more trouble or less problematic!!time will tell:eek:
Nighthawk AX12[RAX120]
Nighthawk X10[R9000]
Message 6 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I was hoping to see portal on stock firmware. Thanks for info
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 7 of 10
RogerSC
Virtuoso

Redtulips7 wrote:
.enough experiments have done with it!!!Time to return it for AC3200 whichone might give you more trouble or less problematic!!time will tell:eek:

I have a sneaking feeling that you're going from the frying pan into the fire on that one *smile*. And paying more for the pain.

Good luck.
Message 8 of 10
RogerSC
Virtuoso

searay wrote:
Started out fine after entering configs I played around for a few minutes and everything seemed to work fine. Within an hour I could not get IP from r7000.

Been enjoying dd-wrt for some time now, since trying tomato, after using the Netgear stock debug firmware, but I did download this one with the intention of getting around to trying it at some point. Since Kong mentioned adding IPv6 modules to dd-wrt, and setting up his own IPv6 test environment, though, I've had fewer impulses to stray *smile*.

Thanks for saving me flashing this one, and then going back to something else yet again *smile*.
Message 9 of 10
Redtulips7
Apprentice

RogerSC wrote:
I have a sneaking feeling that you're going from the frying pan into the fire on that one *smile*. And paying more for the pain.

Good luck.

Hey very funny!!!I will wait atleast three months to see what change in New Product and if it's worthy to upgrade!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy
Nighthawk AX12[RAX120]
Nighthawk X10[R9000]
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements