Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000P 5Ghz Unusable

ratkutti
Aspirant

R7000P 5Ghz Unusable

Initially after purchasing the device on 21st April 2018, after 5 days QoS made the whole device unusable, got connected but Internet won't work. Also traffic meter won't work. I reseted & didn't enable QoS, traffic meter still doesn't work.

After two weeks or so now the 5Ghz is giving me trouble, SSID will be visible but when trying to connect it will not connect and SSID will vanish. Called support and they had me change my uppercase, lowercase and symbols password to just lowercase & numbers, i.e simple alpha numerical password and disable 20/40 Mhz co-existence. 5Ghz worked for a day.

Now again it won’t work. R7000P with the latest firmware V1.3.1.26_10.1.3! I regret going with Netgear that too for upwards of ₹12K.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ratkutti
Aspirant

Issue came up again, emailed support and as per their advice downgraded the firmware; with the latest firmware 5Ghz used to work few hours before being unresponsive; with the old ones it out right refuses to connect! Called and finally got a RMA authorized, going in later today to the local service center to get the replacement, which thankfully they have in stock.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
ratkutti
Aspirant

Emailed support, as I had issues even after downgrading firmware. I guess I found out a solution, all I did was to put 5Ghz in the highest available 48 channel and its now one full day on the latest firmware sans any issue!

Message 2 of 3
ratkutti
Aspirant

Issue came up again, emailed support and as per their advice downgraded the firmware; with the latest firmware 5Ghz used to work few hours before being unresponsive; with the old ones it out right refuses to connect! Called and finally got a RMA authorized, going in later today to the local service center to get the replacement, which thankfully they have in stock.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7