Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000P Accessing Advanced Settings to disable MU-MIMO

TexAgs09
Tutor

R7000P Accessing Advanced Settings to disable MU-MIMO

I've been searching the internet for solutions to my expensive router dropping our internet, which lead me here to begin pouring through the threads of users who have had similar issues, and courtesy of this community, I believe that the MU-MIMO issue/solution is the next most obvious step for me trying to resolve this problem.

However, I'm hitting a dead end trying to get to the advanced settings where I can disable this setting. I've got the Nighthawk app where I'm logged in and can access, seemingly everything.. but no settings that list the MU-MIMO. 

Are y'all able to disable this setting through that app or is everyone having to log in via computer? If you're able to do so through the app, what am I missing that's keeping me from doing so? 

Logging in through the "routerlogin.net" option is proving fruitless because for some reason, the security questions that are blatently obvious to me, are not accepting my answers. Hoping that I can access these settings without having to go through some type of complete reset.

Set-Up: 

Modem: SURFboard SB6190

Router: Netgear R7000P

ISP: Suddenlink (who I was about to be made to drop since the wife was convinced they were the issue)

Thanks in advance for helping this technologically challenged guy get this resolved.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: R7000P Accessing Advanced Settings to disable MU-MIMO

@TexAgs09 wrote:

Logging in through the "routerlogin.net" option is proving fruitless because for some reason, the security questions that are blatently obvious to me, are not accepting my answers. Hoping that I can access these settings without having to go through some type of complete reset.---Problem with the security questions is that if you didn't set it up, it still asks the questions. did you setup the password recovery option? If not, your a bit stuck (unless you factory reset) if you don't know your login password. 

Message 2 of 8
TexAgs09
Tutor

I did the set up and chose the questions and provided the answers. The same answers to the same age old questions everything seems to ask. I'm quite sure I remember my best friend and the city I was born in.. but for some reason, those answers are not being accepted.

I'd prefer not to factory reset, but as a last resort.. I'm prepared to if there's no other way to access the advanced settings

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

If the password recovery option isn't working, that might be your only option to get back in. 

If you're able to log in through the app, are you able to change the password in the app? 

Message 4 of 8
TexAgs09
Tutor

@plemans wrote:

If the password recovery option isn't working, that might be your only option to get back in. 

If you're able to log in through the app, are you able to change the password in the app? 

I'm logged in and everything appears to be working in the app. However, the same log in credentials are not allowing me in on the routerlogin.net site. 

My password and username and everything is fine into the app, but they, nor the default admin/password combo are letting me access the routerlogin.net 

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

then you might need to factory reset to get back in

Message 6 of 8
spiffknorg
Aspirant

same here,

Trying to log onto the router (chrome/FF/edge) just promps for username/password en doesnt accept anything. 

Given that i'm logged in to the router in the app I know the username/password combi works.

Would be interested in anyone with a bright idea (yeah factory reset is always an option, tryin to avoid this:) )

The seems not very usefull for anything other than changing a wifi password

Message 7 of 8

@spiffknorg wrote:

same here,

Possibly, but you might get tailored advice if you start your own question and take the opportunity to provide useful details to aid remote diagnosis.

For example, what firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Apologies for all the questions. But you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

@spiffknorg wrote:

The seems not very usefull for anything other than changing a wifi password

The what?

@spiffknorg wrote:

Trying to log onto the router (chrome/FF/edge) just promps for username/password en doesnt accept anything. 

Login to what address?

What happens when you try? These things usually throw up prompts and errors.

Connected how? Wired? Wifi? Remember, wifi passwords are not the same as router passwords.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7