Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000P Drops connection (wired and wireless) for 1-2 seconds.

Kemperr
Aspirant

R7000P Drops connection (wired and wireless) for 1-2 seconds.

Just bought this router for Black Friday, plugged it in, updated firmware and set it up. Have been having issues since the second I plugged it in. Connection drops periodically for 1-2 seconds. Just enough time to disconnect me from games/skype calls and cause 30-90 frames to drop when streaming to twitch.tv. At first I thought it was an issue with Discord/Game servers that I was disconnecting, then today when I joined into a League game, within 5 minutes I recieved my first disconnect. Instantly reconnected and it worked for another 5-10 minutes, then another disconnect. I have had the same router previously for 5-6 years and never had this happen. ISP/Modem is not the issue. Have tried both Enabling/Disabling QoS and changing the priorites of connected devices. Great router, WHEN IT WORKS. Please help before I have to return this router.

Firmware Version 1.2.0.22_1.0.78

QoS Enabled - 93.25 Mbps Down 94.69 Mbps Up

1 Computer (Wired)

1 PS4 (Wired)

2 Phones (Smart Connect Wireless)

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi Kemperr,

Have you tried to reset the router to factory default? If not, please try it and reconfigure it manually.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Kemperr
Aspirant

Could I possibly get some help? Really don't want to go through the hassle of returning and finding another router/brand to go through. As I said, works REALLY WELL when it's not dropping connection. Hoping to find a quick fix or if someone else has had this issue and knows of a more stable firmware.

Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi Kemperr,

Have you tried to reset the router to factory default? If not, please try it and reconfigure it manually.

Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi Kemperr,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7