Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000P Wifi - 5Ghz not working and router says incorrect password on all clients after 5-10 m...

Retired_Member
Not applicable

R7000P Wifi - 5Ghz not working and router says incorrect password on all clients after 5-10 minutes

Model: R7000P

FW: V1.2.0.22_1.0.78

Tried Resetting: Yep, already factory reset and still see the same behavior.

Setup: New R7000P setup with 2.4 and 5 Ghz band of same name using WPA2-PSK. Currently it shows only a green check near the 2.4Ghz status under Advanced Home, but Advanced > Wireless Setup > 5Ghz > Enable SSID is checked. 

What Happens:

1) Obviously no 5Ghz showing up on any clients that used to work with 5Ghz on old router. 

2) After 5-6 min of heavy use, all of the clients lose connection but the router lights stay on. The windows clients just time out, iOS says incorrect password. This seems to correlate with using Netflix on our TV, but that might just be what is making us notice. 

What I've Tried:

I reset the router since tihis didn't happen for the first couple hours after initial setup. But it immediately had troubles and took about 20 min before the 2.4 Ghz network showed up again. The 5Ghz radio still isn't working and it is still denying use after a couple minutes. 

Any ideas? Thanks!

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: R7000P Wifi - 5Ghz not working and router says incorrect password on all clients after 5-10 m...

Hi James. I attempted that but it kept showing the 5Ghz as not active (red x on advanced home page). I ended up returning it and getting a new one which fixed the problem. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi yet112,

Try using a different names for both networks.

Message 2 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi James. I attempted that but it kept showing the 5Ghz as not active (red x on advanced home page). I ended up returning it and getting a new one which fixed the problem. 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7