Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000P changed from AP mode to Router mode by itself

GenericUser1
Follower

R7000P changed from AP mode to Router mode by itself

Hello,

I have an R7000P router that has been in AP mode for a long time. Yesterday, I noticied that I was unable to access a device that is connected to the AP (directly, over the network). I was able to access one one my devices connected to the AP (via a cloud service runing on it)  and noticed that the device had an IP assigned to it in the 192.168.1.XXX range. Previously addresses were being assigned by my main router on the 192.168.0.1 - 254 range. I have no idea how this might have happened. I then noticed that the device was now operating in Router mode, instead of AP mode.

It is possible that either of the bottons on the front of the router have been pressed in the past couple of days.

Forgive me if this is not an excellent explination, I can clarify any points if anyone is able to help.

Thanks,

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: R7000P changed from AP mode to Router mode by itself

@GenericUser1 wrote:

I have an R7000P router that has been in AP mode for a long time.

Behind what? A router? Modem/router? 192.168.0.1 is default for many Netgear modem/routers.

Firmware version on the R7000P?

@GenericUser1 wrote:

It is possible that either of the bottons on the front of the router have been pressed in the past couple of days.

How about the reset button on the back? That would certainly change the mode.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7