R7000P dropping connection, etc

Old_Duffer
Initiate

R7000P dropping connection, etc

Day 2
R7000P still dropping a connection
Nighthawk App says speed is 30 Mbps
Speedtest.net says it's around 212Mbps
Firmware two updates behind won't update. I've updated manually and the newest update causes false readings on device connection. Says there is hardly any signal. I revert back two versions and the app reads 100 percent signal.
I bought this last March. Has support gone away for the R7000P? It's pretty wonky support right now. I've run diagnostics on the modem. It's fine. I've done manual updates on the Router firmware. No luck. I re-installed the last working firmware and it gets me back to reasonably normal, but with apparent slow speed and dropped connection issues. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I considering just getting a new router.
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Old_Duffer
Initiate

Re: R7000P dropping connection, etc

I found the solution. When the firmware won't update...what does that tell you??? Someone either doesn't care or it's not being supported properly. The router was purchased in March of 2020 and has issues already...

Solution: Bought a different router system and not one from this manufacturer.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
wcalifas
Prodigy

you could always try dd-wrt (third party software) on that router, I see they have firmware for your model number. 

Message 2 of 4
Old_Duffer
Initiate

I found the solution. When the firmware won't update...what does that tell you??? Someone either doesn't care or it's not being supported properly. The router was purchased in March of 2020 and has issues already...

Solution: Bought a different router system and not one from this manufacturer.

Message 3 of 4
wcalifas
Prodigy

Put it on ebay and I'll slap dd-wrt on it.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7