Highlighted
Aspirant

R7000P drops connection every 2 hours

The model is R7000P not R7000, but it wouldn't let me select it.

This ticket describes the problem to the T of what I'm having.  Not only does it drop my IRC connections, but it drops my SSH connects as well.  I'm a developer and work from home so it is way more than a minor annoyance.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Disconnects-due-to-dropped-packets-on-long-r...

There is no solution there.  I can't find a solution anywhere.  I've updated firmware, checked DHCP release timings (they're set for 2 days).  Done everything!

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 9
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R7000P drops connection every 2 hours

What about the modem its connected to have you checked the logs does it have any T3 or T4 timeouts?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem with the R7000P. It happens when I'm gaming online. Games like Destiny or Wow that require a constant connection get disconnected every 130 minutes. If I bypass the router and connect directly to the modem I doesn't happen, but that's not a fix.
Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hey!  I found something that worked for me.  Go into your router settings and enable Dynamic QoS.  Make sure to update it first.  Also make sure you hit that apply button!  It caught me off guard on a reboot!

I still have some issues, but my persistent connections are all golden now.  Let me know if that works for you.

Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

That seems to have done the trick, for now at least. Thanks.
Message 5 of 9
Highlighted

Same router, same problem. I can’t find a solution and Netgear hasn’t been any help. This will be our 4th and last Netgear Router.
Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

I gave up and bought another router.  I'm going to try to return this one if I can, but I threw away the receipt Smiley Sad  I might just go to a yard and go Office Space on it.  I bought a $50 TP-Link AC1200 router and it out performs the wifi and it actually works Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

I've noticed that if I turn on QoS it stops the 2 hour disconnect. Unfortunately, it also throttles my connection speed. I have 1 gigabit internet without QoS, but it drops every 2 hours. If I enable QoS, it stays connected, but only at ~200mbps. I cant find a solution.
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

Ya I got the 2 hour drop to stop happening (did the same thing) but I constantly got DNS problems.  It got so bad I literally had to reload a page 8 times before it would actually show up.  

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements