Highlighted
Follower

R7000P drops steam/game connection after false positive DoS attack: ACK Scan

Hello,

I'm stumped and before i go buy a different brand router im hoping i can find an answeer here.

Ive been having connection problems when i game it happens with any game online mainly Destiny 2 and Modern Warfare. On average it seems to happen after 2 hours ill be online in game and my connection will drop thus kicking me from the game. Only recently I checked the logs on my router and while i dont get a lot of DoS Attack reports ill see them appear whenever i get kicked out from a game. Everything else is fine my discord chat is still active but ill get booted from the game.

my recent one being : [DoS attack: ACK Scan] attack packets in last 20 sec from ip [172.97.57.85], Saturday, Sep 12,2020 03:12:29

The kicker to this i noticed is it happens whenever i do not have my QoS enabled. If i do have QoS enabled i have no issues at all. I don't like to have qos enabled only because i have gigabit internet and with the qos it drops my download speeds to around 300mb.

Is there anything I can do to not have to have QoS enabled so my games dont constantly drop?

I'm currently on firmware V1.3.2.124_10.1.64. Upnp is disabled and i have no port forwards set either. Any advice or help is appreciated.

Thank you

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R7000P drops steam/game connection after false positive DoS attack: ACK Scan

You may need to check the DOS attack setting to make sure that it is enabled.

https://kb.netgear.com/19957/What-does-Disable-Port-Scan-and-DoS-Protection-do

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements