R7000P internet dies permanently after two hours

kamakazikila
Aspirant

R7000P internet dies permanently after two hours

So, my issue as it stands currently is that my internet connection dies and remains dead after around 2ish hours of being live and functional. Yesterday I called my ISP to inquire about non functional internet and they reset my modem. This did not solve the internet issues, but I could connect to the modem via ethernet cable and have internet. This would leave me to believe the router is the problem here. I had done a factory reset on the router and then power cycled the network. After doing so, everything works for about two hours and the internet dies. From this point I cannot reconnect to the internet via any process besides power cycling the entire network. (PC, Router, Modem)

When I do this, the internet is functional again for about two hours until it essentially bricks again. I have gone through many steps or suggestions online in order to remedy this, but nothing really seems to fit my current problem as it's not been described accurately by anything I've seen so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I will do my best to answer any questions needed to arrive at a solution.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 8

Re: R7000P internet dies permanently after two hours

What is the modem in this network?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 8
kamakazikila
Aspirant

Ubee ddw36c, spectrum ISP

Message 3 of 8

If it is one of these:

DDW36C Advanced Wireless Gateway | Ubee Interactive

I'm surprised you need a router. Looks pretty capable in its own right.

This means that it is also likely to be acting as a router. In that case it can end up in conflict with the R7000P.

Unless you have done this already, I would investigate turning the DDW36C over to modem only (bridged) mode, or using the 7000P is a wireless access point.

There is a manual for the R7000P somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> R7000P | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

see page 64.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 8
HiSpeed
Guide

@michaelkenward

It's not necessary to bridge the modem if he wants to cascade the routers... Smiley Surprised

May be the Netgear uses a WAN dynamic IP, and the lease time is set to 2h.

In this case, a WAN static IP will solve the issue...

● Netgear R7000 (Root Router)
● TP-Link Archer C7 v2 (WDS Bridge)

Message 5 of 8
kamakazikila
Aspirant

New development. The internet only dies after some number of hours IF I HAVE MY NINTENDO SWITCH HARLINED TO THE INTERNET. The second I unplug the ethernet from the console all of the wifi in the house becomes functional again. What in the world would cause this?

Message 6 of 8
antinode
Guru

> [...] The internet only dies after some number of hours IF I HAVE MY
> NINTENDO SWITCH HARLINED TO THE INTERNET. [...]

What's a "NINTENDO SWITCH"?  What, exactly, are you calling "THE
INTERNET"?  What, exactly, is connected to what?

Message 7 of 8
kamakazikila
Aspirant

A nintendo switch is a video game console produced by nintendo... "the internet" is an ethernet cable that runs from the router to an adapter which converts a signal to USB which then enters the console.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E