Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000P

jmerkowi
Aspirant

R7000P

I've been using a Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi router since 2019 without problem.  A couple of months ago the app started giving me the following message: "We can't find your Router.  You may be using your Router's guest network.  In your device settings, connect to the main Router network to proceed." I have never set up the guest network and I am connected to the main network, receiving the WiFi signal, and able to browse without problem (though my speeds are a little slow).  I keep getting the same message whenever trying to reconnect in the app.  Today, when I finally had some time to see if I could fix this, I similarly was unable to connect to routerlogin.net through my computer - which is also on the same WiFi network - and am instead redirected to https://www.netgear.com/home/services/routerlogincom/.  I did a factory reset of the router and was initially able to access the router through my computer, but still not through the app.  However, after I changed the network name and password, and after reconnecting to the WiFi, I was again unable to access the router. I eventually was able to login using a different browser (Edge), but even after clearing the cache in Firefox am still unable to access the router there, and am still getting the same message in the app. Again, I am connected to the router network and receiving the WiFi signal, so am at a loss as to why my devices can't find the router. Would welcome any help. Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: R7000P

What modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

Are you on android or iOS? If you're on iOS, make sure icloud relay and private mac/ip address are disabled. 

Message 2 of 3
jmerkowi
Aspirant

Re: R7000P - App/browser unable to connect to router even when phone/computer connected to network

Thanks.  The router is connected to the modem provided by Verizon Fios, which appears to be an Alctel ONT I-211M-L. I have a PC and an IOS phone and the icloud relay and private mac/ip address have never been enabled.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7