Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000p Nighthawk constant connection drop (wifi and wired)

Saif1
Tutor

R7000p Nighthawk constant connection drop (wifi and wired)

Hi,

I bought this router about 2 weeks ago and since then I keep getting connection drops. Been googling and found lots and lots of people experiencing the exact same thing. I've tried all solutions - Nothing works for me.. I only enable 2.4ghz, disable mi-mumo, disable guest-network (and SSID), rebooted many times, reset the router settings, I've tried everything and nothing works.

When gaming I get random connection drops (even on ethernet and also on wifi) and I'm 99% sure it is this router as I've never had this problem before and everybody in my house is having it.

My latest firmware: V1.3.1.64_10.1.36 and my router is "R7000p Nighthawk AC2300".

I am thinking of downgrading firmware and maybe that will work? Although I do not know how and to which version? Please any help? I was kind of hoping that disabling guest network (including ssid) and disable mi-mumo will fix it but unfortunately it has not..

Also I am sorry to say but I am frustrated - What are the netgear community doing about this? This is CLEARLY an issue on their router with so many posts experiencing the EXACT same problem and looking at google this has been going on for years - Hello? Years? What's going on? I spent good money on this router and it's having basic problems, I don't even care for any of the features and disabling that still doesn't do it. (Also I disabled port scan and DoS protection - that also didn't fix anything).

Thanks,

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Saif1
Tutor

hi all!

Update - I flashed dd-wrt (latest slayer build) and i have had 0 dropouts and 0 issues. Very happy with this. My problems are solved. It was straightforward and no issues. No wifi/wired dropouts, no speed issues, perfect.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8

All Replies
Saif1
Tutor

What about flashing the router with a custom firmware like dd-wrt or tomato? Any ideas if that might fix the problem? Anybody tested it?

Message 2 of 8
Saif1
Tutor

hi all!

Update - I flashed dd-wrt (latest slayer build) and i have had 0 dropouts and 0 issues. Very happy with this. My problems are solved. It was straightforward and no issues. No wifi/wired dropouts, no speed issues, perfect.

Message 3 of 8
baracon
Aspirant

This answer makes no sense to me. Yes I understandflashing but what file and where did it come from? having major issues with this router lately and am going to upgrade to something non-netgear for next one.

Message 4 of 8
myersw
Master

Go here and go to latest date then look for your router. Download the file and do a manual install. 

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/

Message 5 of 8
Saif1
Tutor

Baracon,

1. Reset your current settings in netgear

2. Downgrade to the lowest version (v1.0.0.44_1.0.27)

3. Reset your current settings again just to be sure (might not be necessary)

4. update using file "factory-to-dd-wrt.chk" which can be found here https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2019/ (Go to the latest folder, i did 09-07-2019)

5. done. If not and the u dont have the latest version, find the file "netgear-r7000p-webflash.bin" and update using this file but i dont think you need to do this, i think the "factory-to-dd-wrt" will update to the latest version in that folder.

Good luck.

Message 6 of 8
ericdupuy
Aspirant

Hello,

Mi-Mo is OK  with DD-WRT?

Eric

Message 7 of 8
Saif1
Tutor

hi eric,

I'm not sure but I think it does work but not sure - All I can say is it fix my "constant drop" issue.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7