Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000p dropping WiFi. Support said it’s a config issue

Crashdavis830
Aspirant

R7000p dropping WiFi. Support said it’s a config issue

Ok I have the r7000p and I see that there’s are 3 million other people with the same issue as me. Ever few days the WiFi signal drops and I have to unplug it and plug it back it then it works for a while again till it does it again. I called support and because of their amazing genius idea of only support for 90 days then you have to pay in out of my window. It’s about 10 months old. And I’ll be damned to pay $90 to find my issue. The only thing the guy said was is that it’s a configuration issue. So can anyone please tell me what I need to do to reconfigure it to make it work right. I’ve already checked for firmware updates and it says it is up to date (v1.3.1.64_10.1.36)
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: R7000p dropping WiFi. Support said it’s a config issue

"up to date" isn't always the best when it comes to the R7000 and R7000P. 

And the version you're on isn't the "most up to date". version 1.3.2.126 is. 

In the "3 million" other posts, did you read what solutions they came up with? like trying to downgrade the firmware? 

Have you attempted any of those?

Nighthawk R7000P | AC2300 Smart WiFi Router | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 4
Crashdavis830
Aspirant

The only “solution” I’ve found is to shut off the mu-mimo. Which is what I’ve done. Haven’t have it with this setting long enough to know if it’s gonna work. And as far as downgrading the firmware, no I haven’t tried that but also haven’t seen to many people that said that’s what fixed this problem. If that is what will fix it, then how would I go about doing that, and if I downgrade can Mimo be turned back on?
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

there version I'd try would be 1.3.0.20. 

Install it over a hardwired connection, factory reset, and do a clean install (not from backup). Make sure to disable auto-updates so it doesn't update to the newer version. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7