Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000p not turning on fully / not booting up

Rick2021
Aspirant

R7000p not turning on fully / not booting up

Hello I’ve owned the r7000p for about 2.5years all working grate we recently has our mains power meter box get repaired the guy showed up while we was not home he turned off the power did the work and turned the power back on the r7000p was plugged in and switched on I think this has done something to the r7000p because it will not start up power supply is reading 12v I have the following lights on if this will help with fixing it power light amber low brightness, internet port light lite white and lite amber, 2.4ghz & 5ghz light white and same brightness as internet light, USB 1 light white but a bit brighter then the 2.4ghz&5ghz, usb2 light off, Ethernet ports 1-4 amber and white full brightness, WPS light full brightness, wifi off light is off

I’ve tried contacting serial with putty I could get the USB to TTL / UART / RS232 com3 : 9600
To connect but r7000p won’t communicate when I turn power on I hear 1 light click like if there’s Smd relay on the top left corner somewhere as soon as the relay clicks it instantly turns the lights on do u think this is a firmware issue or circuit / logic issue nothing works it’s like if it’s stuck not fully booting up

Cheers hopefully I can get this going again
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: R7000p not turning on fully / not booting up

have you tried a different power supply? (make sure it has the same voltage and polarity, it can have higher amperage)

Even if its reading 12v, it doesn't mean its not crashing under load. 

Message 2 of 4
Rick2021
Aspirant

Yes I’ve tried 2 different power supplies one from my modem and another which is 5A power supply the original power supply is 3.5A
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Router is probably bad and needs to be replaced...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7