R7000p wireless connectivity issues (2.4 mainly)

Benihana
Follower

R7000p wireless connectivity issues (2.4 mainly)

This post is just going to be a brief explanation of my problem and what ended up resolving it. I’ll start by saying I’m more or less a layman when it comes to what’s happening behind the scenes as far as my internet/router is concerned. I began having issues with devices being able to connect to my wireless 2.4ghz network. 5g worked as expected. This was leaving some of my home devices (Sonos, Blink, etc) offline. I did the basic things, power cycled, checked router settings, cycled some of the options I wasn’t using on and off, renamed networks. Nothing worked, though I would find that I could sometimes connect to 2.4 with my phone and not 5. Even at those times the other devices wouldn’t connect. I reset the router to factory defaults twice, still no good. Last thing I checked was firmware, I was running what the unit came with when I bought it about 4 months ago (v1.3.1.64_10.1.36) so I wired up the laptop and grabbed the latest firmware. It was literally at this time that I was wandering around the house and realized that at some point, someone in the house had plugged in the Spectrum router that was removed for the new nighthawk unit. There it was, sitting in the counter plugged in. I’m not exactly sure what conflicts that scenario can cause, or if this is even slightly helpful or transferable to any problem someone else might be having, but I wanted to put it out there just in case. I hope it helps someone, I had gotten pretty frustrated with the situation, even called support to see about warranty potential of course I was removed from my given 90 days by about a month. I hope if anyone is having a similar issue you’re able to resolve it without too much frustration. Good luck!
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R7000p wireless connectivity issues (2.4 mainly)

Thanks for sharing this with the community.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E