Discussion stats
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: R7100LG Modem Router drops connection every 1 hour

H iGuys,

I have used 3 Case Numbers by the Netgear Support-Team since about 1 year. At the last one I have no mood anymore and I requested a comparison because I have 3 security cam on it and this have to work.For a month my Router went back to Netgear and I got my money back.

ps. 

Try to pm Absinthe maybe he can upload his FW again it should working better.

All the best

Vigo

Message 76 of 87
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

hi elnero, i tried the absynthe version. less disconnetions but also not a solution for me.

i'm afraid there is a hardware problem which also netgear can't fix with a new firmware.

Message 77 of 87
Highlighted
Guide

Tnx Vigo. Also have 3 Arlo cams and 1 Arloq working.... 🤔 Working .🤔??? ... Or better "Sometimes working" ... Depends on my Router . I"ll try Absynthe or getting my money back. El
Message 78 of 87
Highlighted
Guide

Also tnx for Hans. Aber anscheinend kein Glück für dich ...
Message 79 of 87
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Betreff: R7100LG Modem Router drops connection every 1 hour

infos for netgear:

• mostly if no device has a active internet connection the lte connection seems to drop
  • in the router menu the lte status is still showing "connected"
  • one time i discovered the behavior after i took my tablet and started to surf, after one page showed successfully the connection brokes immediatly

Message 80 of 87
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

short status update: new firmware V1.0.0.50_1.0.6  runs a few days without disconnetion

Message 81 of 87
Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi at all,

That's sounds great, maybe Netgear has finally done to solve the issue after more than 2 years?

For me is too late my router is back to Netgear and I got my money refunded. 

I think the router is not so bad from design and user interface "if" it would works infinite!!! -as my new router now.

All the best 

Message 82 of 87
Retired_Member
Not applicable

so finally i gave it up. Smiley Sad the router cuts down internet connection several times a day.

i thought all issues are solved but after ~3 days with new firmware the same s...t happens.

now i have to switch to another LTE router from another company.

Message 83 of 87
Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi,

That's bad news, maybe you can contact the Support to get a refund. I think Netgear knows about the issue. In my opinion the Router doesn't work in LTE only.

All the best 

Message 84 of 87
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

i noticed that in my case the disconnecting problem was caused by to much heat. after i removed it from the window the issue where solved. it seems that the sun and a radiotor a half meter away was to much for the router.

Model: R7100LG|Nighthawk 4G LTE Modem Router
Message 85 of 87
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi there!
Can anybody shares that fabulous debug ~33 build? Going to give my one last chance before return.
Really sad situation because it doesn't have any other drawbacks other than it spontaneously disconnects 4 times a day.

I think it's not the overheating that caused the disconnections, my one drops it near the cold winter window as well as in opposite side of the room. I suppose it is the integrated modem driver fault, which likely to be not developed by netgear, so they just don't understand what to fix and skip the task over the years.
Model: R7100LG|Nighthawk 4G LTE Modem Router
Message 86 of 87
Highlighted
Aspirant

I've been struggling witht the exactly same issue since december 2017!
As I'm not using it that much/often (mostly using my phone, and it's own data plan) this matter hasn't held me sleepless, but now when I've recently spent more and more time at the office in my home I can't come to terms with this **bleep**.

My AirCard 810 bought at the same has worked flawlessy in a remote area since day 1. 

Message 87 of 87