Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: R7100LG Modem Router drops connection every 1 hour

I tried that with no success. I also did a factory reset after applying the beta firmware, and changed only the minimal settings to get the router working : LTE settings ans wifi password.

Do you have any option applied that can explain it's working for you ?

Thanks

Model: R7100LG|Nighthawk 4G LTE Modem Router
Message 26 of 87
Highlighted
Star

Hi

I just did as i explained.
Sorry that its not working.
But can u upload the debug logs so the devs can fix that?
Message 27 of 87
Highlighted
Guide

Hi,

maybe it's a little too early, but so far no problems at all. With the official SW I had many drops every day and with the beta version not one since yesterday.

thanks for providing this version!

to the development team: It looks like you know how to solve these issues. Please use what you have done in this beta version and make an official version for us!

Message 28 of 87
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi,

I disabled autmatic roaming in the config, rebooted the router and now I have less disconnecion with the beta firmware, about one or two per day.

I'm keeping this config until the issue is officially solved.

Thanks Absynthe for the firmware !

Message 29 of 87
Highlighted
Apprentice

Hallo,

I've the same problem with this Router my posts are in the German forum. How can I get this beta version firmware? My Router was stabile 6 days I was very happy thinking the prob is solved but nonsense yesterday evening no connection. The German forum means I should contact the Netgear Support team but I don't no. 

Best regards

Vigo59

Message 30 of 87
Highlighted
Guide

Hi,

I'm using the beta version provided by Absynthe since December 30th and had no problems  since that. Beside many connections drops during the day, the R7100LG completely hung after a couple of days and my solution was to restarf it every night using a time switch. I haven't experienced both problems and are finally happy with this SW-version. The only drawback is that's a beta version and so again to the development: please provide an official version that works as good as this beta!

best regards

Mike

Message 31 of 87
Highlighted
Apprentice

Thanks 4 reply Mike so I still hopefully waiting.
Best regards
Vigo
Message 32 of 87
Highlighted
Guide

Hi Vigo,

there's no need to wait. Try the beta provided by Absynthehttps://ufile.io/g07ki

it's still there. Thanks again to Absynthe!

If it works also for you thank post it here and if not post it also to let development know if this is a version they should use for further development.

best regards

Mike

Message 33 of 87
Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi Mike,
Great thanks to you and especially for Absinthe. I‘ll try it if I‘ve time today evening or tomorrow. If it works I’ll answer.
Nice day and best regards
Vigo
Message 34 of 87
Highlighted
Guide

Hi all,

Based on your comments I am also reverting back from V1.0.0.38_1.0.6 (latest per Jan 8th 2017) to V1.0.0.33_1.0.6 (beta).

This is concerning because V1.0.0.34, V1.0.0.36, V1.0.0.38 bring security patches (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Important-Security-Update-from-NETGEAR/m-p/1...) but V1.0.0.33_1.0.6 (beta) is the most stable version out there for R7100LG users. I will share my feedback here.

Last time Engineering asked me to test V1.0.0.33_1.0.6 (beta), my feedback was:

- Occasional internet connection losses (where router reboot needed): much less than with standard firmware

- Regular interruptions with automatic reconnection: exactly every 4 hours instead of every hour

Impact on business: both internet connection losses and internet interruption/reconnections aborts video conf calls, citrix sessions, large file downloads, video game sessions. Daily profesionnal usage is impacted where LTE is the internet source.

Thanks,

DG

Message 35 of 87
Highlighted
Aspirant

Betreff: R7100LG Modem Router drops connection every 1 hour

I'm also experiencing the hourly connection drops with my device.

I already downgraded the firmware but the problem persists.

I was able to save a debug log but I don't want to upload it publicly because when I skimmed through it I saw that it contains loads of information I'd rather not share like MAC, IMEI and IMSI numbers.

Message 36 of 87
Highlighted
Aspirant

I have been pulling my hair for months wondering why I constantly lose connection to my work servers. I stumbled over this thread and after investigating I realize this is the exact problem I am also experiencing.

I am not the person who like to be a beta tester for a product I purchased, but generally expect the products I buy to work out of the box. So now that I know where the problem is, I will return the router to the retailer, as I have no intention to live with this issue for whatever months before Netgear releases a fix.
Message 37 of 87
Highlighted
Guide

@TowerStudioand companions of misfortune,

I received some requests from you to share the beta version I tested last year which reduces the disconnection frequency from every hour to every 4 hours. Let me share it here. But be aware that it is considered unsafe to use it since it doesn't include all the network security patches of further versions.

Note that I chose this hosting site because it checks all files with ESET NOD32 antivirus:

http://dl.free.fr/fqJGSFvIJ

Message 38 of 87
Highlighted

Thank you, I'll try it out but I already ordered a new modem from Huawei that should arrive early next week and will then return this Netgear crap.

Message 39 of 87
Highlighted
Aspirant

My modem router is operating SW V1.0.0.42_1.0.6 and I still experience sporadic drops of connection. In some cases the router shows LTE connection and still cannot provide connection to the internet. In some cases it shows no connection. In any case I have to restart the router to make it work again.

Unless Netgear can provide a fix short notice I will return the unit and buy something else ...

Message 40 of 87
Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi Carbinet,

I had exactly the same problem I used the ....41T firmware which I've got from Support team about 2 month ago. With this FW I had for example 2 or 3 disconnects per month for me toooo much.

Now I got a Beta Firmware call ....43T from Support Team from now the Router is 10 days stabile and I hope longer otherwise I contact the Support again.

I cannt upload this Firmware because I've had except a agreement as I got the Firmware thats not allowed me to do this.

Have you ever contact the Support? I do this always by live chat works very well. They should give you the download link because the Router is in this status not usable. Is it possible for you to get the  money back?

Greetz

Message 41 of 87
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi Vigo,

Thanks for the info. Seems there is no chat on weekends, so I sent an email ...
Message 42 of 87
Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi Crabinet,

I've no experience with the mail contact, important is that you get a "Case Number" because in a week your case will be closed. If you need further support you can appoint with this number the case again.

Let us know what's going on.

Greetz

Message 43 of 87
Highlighted
Star

Hi its me again.
I also got the new beta fw. Let me test it a day or 2.
I will upload it for u guys if its ok.
I didnt sign any agreement so i dont care.
Specialy after 1 and a half year of cooperation with that crap modem.
U guys from netgear know that selling not working things as working is a crime?

Greets
Message 44 of 87
Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi,

@Absynthe

That's fine if you will do that I don't know why I got an agreement to sign up. Nevertheless you have right. It's often the same by the companies to bring the products in stock as soon as possible to make a profit quickly without sufficient testing. 

Greetings

Message 45 of 87
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hey,

I have slow, but reliable interner and I was looking for upgrade  ...  I still can step out of the deal and I guess that is what will happen. You understand that, right ?   Thank you for your support, guys.

Message 46 of 87
Highlighted
Guide

Hi Absynthe,

I'd also like to test the new beta fw, so please share.

thx Mike

Message 47 of 87
Highlighted
Tutor

I would like to get the beta too, I'm so frustrated with the modem and support doesn't ever find my support case numbers for some reason.

Message 48 of 87
Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

hi

always the same problem here. Firmware version V1.0.0.48_1.0.6 (latest). LTE connection is acceptable, with ~ 50Mbit download. It is also stable: the blue LED is always ON, and this is confermed in the management interface where the Mobile Broadband status panel shows a proper signal and IP address.

The internet connection was dropped after exactly 13 hours, as it can be seen from the log file excerpt at the bottom of this message. Being the modem meant to remotely monitor a house without a cabled line, the inability of recovering the connection without a reboot is a major obstacle.

Any suggestion?

[....]

[Internet disconnected] Friday, Oct 05,2018 02:57:21
[....]

[Time synchronized with NTP server] Thursday, Oct 04,2018 13:57:23
[Internet connected] IP address: 10.73.255.247, Thursday, Oct 04,2018 13:57:22
[Internet disconnected] Thursday, Oct 04,2018 13:57:21
[Initialized, firmware version: V1.0.0.48_1.0.6] Thursday, Oct 04,2018 13:56:47

Message 49 of 87
Highlighted
Guide

Hi emr,

I believe Netgear knows this problem very well and I also think they (partially) fixed it in some beta versions. Whenever they provide a new firmeware I hope this problem is history, but it's still there.

Althougth the R7100LG is for my weekend house, I personally are no longer accepting that they are not fixing this problem and I will buy a new one. Guess if I buy a Netgear....

kr

Mike

Message 50 of 87
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements