Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7300 DST, QOS, Automatically update performance optimization database fails

Kosman02
Aspirant

Re: R7300 DST, QOS, Automatically update performance optimization database fails

May I have the beta update too.  

Thanks... Keith 

Message 76 of 142
pb1908
Aspirant

Re: R7300 DST, QOS, Automatically update performance optimization database fails

Literally just bought this router today and unpacked/updated to V1.0.0.46_1.0.13. Can I get the beta link so I can try and experience full functionality knowing this vulnerability is patched and even update the performance enhancement DB to v1.80?

Message 77 of 142
EricV
Aspirant

I too need it.

Message 78 of 142
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Kindly check your inboxes. 

Message 79 of 142
palladiumllc
Aspirant

Hello, 

Could I receive the beta as well?

Thank you

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 80 of 142
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@palladiumllc Just sent it to your inbox. 

Message 81 of 142
hcschaub
Aspirant

Thank you for the update. I succesfully update the firmware and QOS database. My question - after updating the database, I reinstalled the lastest firmware and have had no issues after installing on Jan 9, 2017. (Firmware Version V1.0.0.46_1.0.13) Why would this be a bad idea?

Message 82 of 142
hcschaub
Aspirant

Sorry Feb 9, 2017 I installed the update, downloaded QOS Database, and reinstalled the current firmware.

Message 83 of 142
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We advise that you update your router to the latest release because it has the fix for the security vulnerability issue. 

Message 84 of 142
hcschaub
Aspirant

Just to confirm

1. Download the latest firmware, unable to update the QOS Database

2. Requested older version, installed, was able to update the QOS Database

3. Downloaded the lastes firmware, installed, reboot, - working with no issues for 21 days.

After you install the update, download the QOS Database, we need to return to the lastest firmware - Firmware Version 
V1.0.0.46_1.0.13

Message 85 of 142
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You just needed the beta to install the QoS database and then upgrade it to the latest fw. 

Message 86 of 142
hcschaub
Aspirant

Ok, that's what we did and all working fine - Thank you for your quick response and help.

Message 87 of 142
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're very welcome!

Message 88 of 142
Big_R
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. Current firmware V1.0.0.46_1.0.13, current QOS DB v1.46,1.0.26.

Wold you please send me a copy of the beta QOS. Thanks in advance.

Message 89 of 142
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Big_R Check your inbox. 

Message 90 of 142
SLIMSHADY
Aspirant

I am also experiencing this issue may i get this fix as well?

Message 91 of 142
mikefromnj
Aspirant

Same issue here.  Can you please send me the required update.  Thanks

Message 92 of 142
oZo61
Tutor

I also have the latest firmware, but cannot update QoS database. May I have the beta?

Thank you.

Message 93 of 142
pareddy
Aspirant

I too could use a copy of the software. thank you!

Message 94 of 142
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Kindly check your respective inboxes. 

Message 95 of 142
mvelders
Aspirant

I'm curious why everyone is being told to check their inbox rather than just posting your response here? I'm having the same issue and would like the resolution! 😄 I'm running firmware version V1.0.0.46_1.0.13 and QoS database version v1.46,1.0.26. I get the same error when trying to download the Performance Optimization Database, When I click "Update Now" to check for new data it returns "Attempting to connect to Netgear Server. Please Wait..." --

Then it returns:

A New Detection Database is Found. Do You Want to Upgrade to the New Version Now?
Current Detection Database Version:v1.46
New Detection Database Version:v1.80

Clicking on "YES" the router says Attempting to connect to Netgear Server. Please Wait... -- It flashes once (statement goes away - then returns to same "Attempting to connect to Netgear Server. Please Wait...") -- Then it says could not download database and I get the "Database could not be downloaded from the NETGEAR server. Please check your Internet connection." error message

Message 96 of 142
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@mvelders Because the resolution is in beta which I have sent to your inbox as well. 

Message 97 of 142
mvelders
Aspirant

Thanks Elaine. When do you suppose a new production firmware update will be released that addresses both the vulnerability and the QoS issue? I'm good for now. Updated to the beta, then QoS database and then back to the latest production firmware. I'm just curious.

Message 98 of 142
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're welcome!

There's no definite timeline that I can provide but our engineers are aware of this. 

Message 99 of 142
oZo61
Tutor

Thanks for the beta, it updated fine. I have updated to the latest release t protect against the vulnerability.

Message 100 of 142
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7