Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7300DST cannot access router login after recent firmware update

dwtxbox
Aspirant

R7300DST cannot access router login after recent firmware update

I recently upgraded my router firmware and since then have not been able to access my router login. My internet and WiFi appear to be working fine, just can't access the router admin page. Before the firmware update, I was able to access the router login from my PC browser and the Genie mobile app just fine.

I tried everything found here, except for performing the factory reset which I would like to avoid if possible.

I tried from Edge, Chrome and IE browsers. I tried using www.routerlogin.net and my router's IP (192.168.0.1). I tried from a different PC, I tried over WiFi and direct LAN connection to the router. All give similar error: "192.168.0.1 refused to connect." I also tried from the mobile Genie app, but it's unable to locate my router though I'm connected to WiFi.

I tried rebooting my modem and my router and my PC, but same results.

Thanks.

Model: R7300DST|AC1900 DST Router and DST Adapter
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
dwtxbox
Aspirant

Re: R7300DST cannot access router login after enable remote management

I narrowed down the problem to the Remote Management setting. If I turn it on, after a day or so the router login stops working. It's strange because I recently started using this router after my old Asus died, though my daughter had previously used it at college for 2 years and I remotely accessed it just fine. Oh well, the Wi-Fi on this thing is starting to act flakey so maybe it's time for a new one anyways.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies

Re: R7300DST cannot access router login after recent firmware update

@dwtxbox wrote:

I tried from Edge, Chrome and IE browsers. I tried using www.routerlogin.net and my router's IP (192.168.0.1).

That's the usual address for modem/routers not for routers.

Try 192.168.1.1

Message 2 of 11
dwtxbox
Aspirant

Re: R7300DST cannot access router login after fw update

Thanks for the reply. I actually changed my router's default IP from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1 back when I could still access the admin page. I confirmed on my PC the DHCP/Gateway address is 192.168.0.1 and the assigned IP address is 192.168.0.124. I tried it anyways but still got the error: "192.168.1.1 refused connection".

I gave up on doing anymore troubleshooting. I did a factory reset and I'm back in now.

Message 3 of 11
AKN78
Aspirant

I’m experiencing the same problem. I’ve tried everything but a hard reset, which I will perform as a last resort.
Message 4 of 11
may0528
Guide

I'm having the same problem.

I reset back to the factory settings, reconfigured.

It worked for a week, now I'm back to the same issue.

When loging in from Genie, it gets router not found.

When loging in from 192.168.1.1, i get 192.168.1.1 refused to connect.

Any ideas?

Message 5 of 11
dwtxbox
Aspirant

Same here. Mine worked for a few days after factory reset, but now I can’t get in again. I think I’m going to try reverting to previous firmware.
Message 6 of 11

It might help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 7 of 11
AKN78
Aspirant

The thread discussion is about the latest firmware update disabling admin access to the router, which suggests the router admin was accessible prior to the update.
For what it’s worth, my modem is a Motorola SB6141 and only has a WAN Port.
Message 8 of 11
dwtxbox
Aspirant

My modem is an Arris SB6183 and I have no other routers on my network.

I reverted to the previous firmware (from V1.0.0.74_1.0.29 to V1.0.0.70_1.0.25) but that didn't help. Like a factory reset, it worked for a little bit, but eventually stopped after a day or so.

I just did another reset and this time I decided to not enable Remote Management or Dynamic DNS Service. It's been about a half day and it's still working, so we'll see.

Message 9 of 11
dwtxbox
Aspirant

I narrowed down the problem to the Remote Management setting. If I turn it on, after a day or so the router login stops working. It's strange because I recently started using this router after my old Asus died, though my daughter had previously used it at college for 2 years and I remotely accessed it just fine. Oh well, the Wi-Fi on this thing is starting to act flakey so maybe it's time for a new one anyways.

Message 10 of 11
may0528
Guide

I agree.

I had the same problem, and from this post or another reset, reconfigured, and did not turn on remote management.

It has been fine ever since

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7