jmg70466
Aspirant

R7400

Installed this router in January and have had WiFi connection issues on and off since that time.  I have even contacted Charter/Spectrum hoping that it was a modem problem, but they say no.

This router tends to lose connection a few times every day now.  Can't figure out why.  Purchased it in December, I hate to have to replace it so quickly and costly.

Does anyone have a clue on why this is happening.  I had a Night Hawk previously that lasted at least 5-6 years.  This one has been a lemon since installing.

Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: R7400

What modem is it connected to?

What firmware is on it? 

Have you tried a simple factory reset and reinstall? 

Are you using smart connect?

CM2000-> RAX200-> GS716v2-> EX8000
Message 2 of 5
jmg70466
Aspirant

1.  I am hooked up to a Charter/Spectrum cable modem, supposedly gives speeds up to 200mbs

2.  I used the Quick Start guide to hook it up.

3.  I know nothing else.

Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

@jmg70466 wrote:

1.  I am hooked up to a Charter/Spectrum cable modem, supposedly gives speeds up to 200mbs----Which modem? does it actually give you 200mbps? that's kind of key. 

2.  I used the Quick Start guide to hook it up.---that's fine but it doesn't really tell us much other than you installed it. 

3.  I know nothing else.

are you using smart connect? Smart connect uses 1 ssid for the 2.4ghz and 5ghz radio's and steers devices between them. some homes can have issues with this if they've got a lot of wireless signals in the area. You can try disabling this through your settings. try and connect most devices to the 5ghz band. Its faster and has less interference. but it doesn't broadcast as far or through as much materials. 

CM2000-> RAX200-> GS716v2-> EX8000
Message 4 of 5
Ck14
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issue with my R7400. The wireless connection to all of my Windows laptops drop at the same time. Usually 1-2 times a day. I am also on Charter/Spectrum. The lights on the router will go solid white for about 3-5 seconds and it takes about 10 seconds for the 5GHZ SSID to show up again so the computers can reconnect. It almost seems like there is some IP lease issue as it seems to happen roughly every 12 hours. I was hoping to roll back to a previous version of the firmware, but there is only one version so that isn't possible. It is really inconvenient when I am on video calls for work and I drop in the middle of the call and get kicked off. I am thinking of buying different router as it is driving me crazy. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements