R7450 DD-WRT firmware download?

dontraub
Aspirant

R7450 DD-WRT firmware download?

Hi, just got an R7450 router, and am looking for the location to download the DD-WRT firmware for it. Anyone know where to go for that?

Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
microchip8
Master

Re: R7450 DD-WRT firmware download?

Ask on the DD-WRT forum. This forum is only for support of stock NETGEAR firmware

Routing: NETGEAR R7800 - Voxel Firmware 1.0.2.88SF & Kamoj addon
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400 - Cruncher: Intel Core i5-7400
Message 2 of 6
myersw
Master

The official download site is here. I do not see Netgear R7450 listed. Site I have given you lists different years. Select year then open it and then you will see dated folder to open for supported devices. Did you research this prior to purchase. I suspect not. I know for sure that the r7000 and r7800 are supported. DD-WRT does not support all routers. If you find something on another site, I would be very suspicious of the firmware. 

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas

Keep in mind this is a Netgear forum and you will not get any support for 3rd party firmware. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 3 of 6
dontraub
Aspirant

It's actually a friend's router, and I'm helping him to see if we can prep it to install VPN on it. No biggie if we can't.

Message 4 of 6

@dontraub wrote:

Anyone know where to go for that?

Er, Google? Bing?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 5 of 6
myersw
Master

I doubt you will find it anywhere. Just did a simple google and came up empty. 

If you did happen to find somewhere other then the official DD-WRT download site, I would be very suspicious that it might have something you do not want baked into it. 

Probably need to just move on to something different. 

See my note above. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements