Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7450 Firmware Version 1.2.0.76 Update causing Connectivity Issues

JSI
Follower
Follower

R7450 Firmware Version 1.2.0.76 Update causing Connectivity Issues

Hello,

I am trying to troubleshoot my R7450 Router. I did not notice what version of the firmware I was running before I updated to the latest 1.2.0.76. Immediately after updating I noticed my Android phone kept disconnecting from the 5Ghz WiFi, on my computer I was only seeing the 2.4Ghz connection but not the 5Ghz. No issues connecting to the 2.4Ghz.

I have attempted to roll back from 1.2.0.76 -> 1.2.0.74 and even as far back as 1.20.0.42 and I am still getting experiencing these connectivity issues. It goes without saying I have alread tried unplugging and plugging back in the router and even my modem several times as well as restarted the devices I am trying to connect with.

Hope someone can help, thanks!

Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: R7450 Firmware Version 1.2.0.76 Update causing Connectivity Issues

Instead of a restart, try a factory reset and do a clean install (not from backup)

simply push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while its powered on. Then manually reinstall it. Again, don't use a backup. 

That's usually what we recommend first if there's issues after changing firmwares. 

Message 2 of 3
mvroa
Aspirant

Re: R7450 Firmware Version 1.2.0.76 Update causing Connectivity Issues

Similiar problem with Firmware Version 1.2.0.76 released on 12/8/2020 has completely disabled remote access (web service mang) feature.  Anyone tell me if there is a work around or tell me how to go back to an earlier version of firmware so I can get back my remote access?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7