Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7450 firm update no wifi now

cwalk
Aspirant

R7450 firm update no wifi now

Update started and now wifi won’t connect and power button flashes
And don’t know how to fix it. Not good with tech stuff and router was bought last July
Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 17
wcalifas
Prodigy

Re: R7450 firm update no wifi now

Sounds like the firmware got corrupted upon it trying to install it. Try using the tftp method to unbrick it. There's several videos on youtube on how to unbrick a router. You'll need to download the tftp2.exe program. Follow the instructions from the youtube videos and let us know if it works.

Message 2 of 17
plemans
Guru

You can try recovering it with tftp or nmrpflash.
are you on windows? if so, follow this guide
https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP
just make sure you enable tftp
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable-tftp-windows-10

and here's a video walk through using a tftp client. Use the built in one for windows 10 though. the video is more of an example of how its done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9DLrLQrpaw

and if that doesn't work, you can try using nmrpflash
https://github.com/jclehner/nmrpflash

if that doesn't work and you bought it in january, then you should be in your warranty period if you bought it new. 

To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.

Message 3 of 17
cwalk
Aspirant

Thanks for info but if I have no internet I can’t get on my computer.
Can I use my iPhone? Sorry just not tech savvy.
Message 4 of 17
cwalk
Aspirant

Thanks for info..however it was bought last year in July..8-9 months ago. With no internet I can’t use my computer only my iPhone with LTE…will that work?
Message 5 of 17
plemans
Guru

to uses tftp/nmrpflash, you have to be hardwired into the router. Watch the video/read the guides. They go over how to use it. 

If you can't do that, you can open a support case with netgear. 

From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.

Message 6 of 17
wcalifas
Prodigy

You got a laptop or desktop computer you can use? Like it was mentioned before it has to be hardwired to one of the four ethernet ports on the back of the router. You'll also need to download the firmware file for your router from the netgear website.

Message 7 of 17
cwalk
Aspirant

There is no support from net gear my router is 8 months old. I downloaded update and Toto and I hit PUT and it is like it is stalled..light on printer is still blinking white and has done so for 44 min…I have done this numerous times..don’t know what is wrong
Message 8 of 17
cwalk
Aspirant

Thanks.i downloaded updated firmware and used tftp to move it and followed instructions I thought and all it does is still blink a while power light after 45 min..no errors and still just sitting there….one hung every time I hit put the server interface goes back to software loop back and does not stay on the Lan I use…sorry I’m lost on all of this.
Message 9 of 17
cwalk
Aspirant

Tried this..still waiting to fix
Message 10 of 17
plemans
Guru

It could be a hardware failure. You can contact support to start the rma process. 

From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days. If its a hardware failure, then it shouldn't cost anything. 

Message 11 of 17
cwalk
Aspirant

Thank you. I did and even though it has a few months of warranty (not service) they tell me to purchase a service agreement and it costs way to much when it won’t accept a fix when it was their update that crashed it. This router is only 8 months old.
Message 12 of 17
cwalk
Aspirant

Thanks for info. Finally got some help and they determined it was a hardware problem and they were sending RMA and then the next day they went back on there return saying because I bought it through Amazon they couldn’t. It was brand new and even registered with Netgear. Will not be buying from netgear again. They don’t stand by their product!
Thanks for all the community’s help!
Message 13 of 17
plemans
Guru

Amazon's an authorized seller. Was it a return or warehouse item? 

You might try going back through support to see the exact reason or if they can make an exception. 

@DarrenM 

Message 14 of 17
cwalk
Aspirant

They told me it was a third party and was not authorized dealer. They cancelled the RMA and closed the report or that is what my email said.
Message 15 of 17
plemans
Guru

did you buy it from a reseller on amazon or through the market place and not the netgear store on amazon? 
If so, then it is correct. Your warranty is only through authorized sellers.

Buying it from a reseller/3rd party on amazon is the same as buying it off ebay or facebook marketplace. 

Message 16 of 17
cwalk
Aspirant

I have no idea..I always order stuff on Amazon and have no idea if it was a reseller, I always just go to Amazon. Thought everything we get is new, so didn’t know it would be a problem. I was able to register it and the invoice said for warranty see Netgear.
Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7