Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7450 problems since v1.2.0.76 firmware update

bzkfrl
Aspirant

R7450 problems since v1.2.0.76 firmware update

I have been using an R7450 in my home since 2019 with no issues...very reliable. Last Saturday, I updated the firmware from v1.2.0.62 to v1.2.0.76 after responding to an alert from the Nighthawk app. Since then it has been randomly rebooting (no wired or wireless internet and no wifi network) appx. 4 to 5 times a day.  After several minutes, without intervention from me all of my connections are re-established (of course, anything I was streaming usually needs to be re-started).  When I look at the log file, it starts immediately after the last reboot with device connections to the ip devices in the home.  There is no indication for the cause of the reboot.

Netgear support suggests uploading the prior firmware version.  When I attempt to do this from the router IP console, the router appears to be flashing the firmware file I've requested (R7450-V1.2.0.62_1.0.1.img) but when back online, the firmware version is still v1.2.0.76??

I have two questions:

1) Has anyone experienced this problem after the v1.2.0.76 firmware update? If so, have you resolved?  My search of the online community suggests some have had "line noise" which results in this behavior.  I've had my ISP checks my signal and they indicate that it looks good.

2) Can anyone help me understand how to roll back my firmware version?

I'd appreciate any help anyone could offer.

Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
bzkfrl
Aspirant

After spending some time observing the router and hearing an unusual amount of disk activity from the USB drive plugged into the R7450 USB 3.0 port...I disconnected the drive.  The router has not rebooted since the drive was unplugged.  I regret loosing the option of having this online storage but will gladly trade it for reliable router service.

Can anyone from netgear provide a solution which allows full functionality from your product?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
bzkfrl
Aspirant

After spending some time observing the router and hearing an unusual amount of disk activity from the USB drive plugged into the R7450 USB 3.0 port...I disconnected the drive.  The router has not rebooted since the drive was unplugged.  I regret loosing the option of having this online storage but will gladly trade it for reliable router service.

Can anyone from netgear provide a solution which allows full functionality from your product?

Message 2 of 3

@bzkfrl wrote:

2) Can anyone help me understand how to roll back my firmware version?

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Firmware comes with release notes that you should read first.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7