Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7500 Dynamic DNS - no-ip - manage devices

wolfn
Aspirant

R7500 Dynamic DNS - no-ip - manage devices

Hi together,

I had set up Dynamic DNS using no-ip (Provider NETGEAR - "*.mynetgear.com") on my R7000 Router, before.

Now I have changed to a R7500.

But my noip.com account still has the the "old" R7000 device under Host/Redirects -> Manage Devices.

And I cant manage to delete the R7000 and the serial number. (and I do not have the R7000 any more).

The R7500 refuses to Apply the Account Settings for:

Service Provider: NETGEAR

Email: <my no-ip email account>

Password: <my no-ip password>

without any error message.

Did I miss something?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
wolfn
Aspirant

Re: R7500 Dynamic DNS - no-ip - manage devices

Hi

I can't delete the R7000 from from my List of devices (or at least I can't find a delete option).

BUT, after removing the hostname from my old device AND deleting the hostname completly afterwards (on noip.com), I could register the R7500 with my hostname again. So finaly it is working again! Smiley Happy

On noip.com, the R7000 is no longer listed as acive device, but it seems that I can't delete the old from my list.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi wolfn,

Did you access your acccount in http://www.noip.com/ and delete the R7000?

Message 2 of 4
wolfn
Aspirant

Hi

I can't delete the R7000 from from my List of devices (or at least I can't find a delete option).

BUT, after removing the hostname from my old device AND deleting the hostname completly afterwards (on noip.com), I could register the R7500 with my hostname again. So finaly it is working again! Smiley Happy

On noip.com, the R7000 is no longer listed as acive device, but it seems that I can't delete the old from my list.

Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi Wolfn,

Glad to know it works now.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation