Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7500 Keep Dropping Connection

mahisamk
Initiate

R7500 Keep Dropping Connection

My R7500 keep dropping connection to internet on both wireless and wired device. The signal is always strong and showing connected but just can't get access to internet either apps or website. Need wait about 1 to 2 minutes until the router reconnect itself. This issue happened about every hour. The home network still working, and I can access files from other computer or device through R7500. Just can't get internet access.

The firmware is the newest one.

Message 1 of 95

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello,
I have no problems in the 2.4 and 5 GHz band, the router is already two weeks without anny trubbels, I have the latest firmware installed steps:
1. router to default settings
2. FW installed (76)
3. routern to default settings after upgrade
4. router reset

No problems with connection issue; stable:D

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 95

All Replies
VE6CGX
Master

Hi,
Did you specified MAC address setting for cloning MAC on set up? If so, try default setting. My R7500 is running over a month, nothing happened to it yet.
Message 2 of 95
mahisamk
Initiate

Tried it , not working. Still disconnect to internet almost every hour. Watch streaming TV with chromecast and lagged every 10 minute. Disconnect and showed connection error every hour. It drives me crazy.
Message 3 of 95
trueshot
Aspirant

My R7500 is working pretty well, but I might not be stressing it as much as you. Are you connected over 5Ghz? I was able to cause some sort of glitch in this router and an EX6200 extender by using extending over 5ghz with a very weak signal.
Message 4 of 95
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Try changing MTU size to 1400. Check the link on how to configure it.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24015
Message 5 of 95
KTib
Aspirant

To mahisamk, Did this solved your issue? I'm encountering the exact same behavior with mine. Does yours still having the same problem? If no, what fixed it? I created a ticket for Netgear Support and I was recommended to do a 10 sec. hardware or admin reset. Thanks,
Message 6 of 95
South_Park
Tutor

I'm having the same problems with the 2.4 GHz, the router keeps dropping the connection every few minutes. 5 GHz works fine. Firmware is V1.0.0.68
Message 7 of 95
South_Park
Tutor

Here some background, I have a Roku 2 connected on 2.4 GHz and a Roko 3 on 5 GHz. The Roku 3 works like a charm with the R7500 but the Roku 2 drops the signal after a few minutes, every time. The Roku 2 is 2.4 GHz only, no dual band. I read up and here is what I tried. Setting the MTU Size from 1500 to 1400 did not help at all. Disabling WMM only for the 2.4 GHz band did help so far, I was able to try and stream for a longer period of time and it worked. Never had the Roku 2 working with the R7500 longer then 5 minutes before. I also own a PS4 and this unit is 2.4 GHz only like the Roku 2 and showing the very same problem. Haven't had the chance to try it yet but I will write an update. Roku 2 and PS4 were working excellent with my previous R7000 router. So the question remains, what is wrong with the Wi-Fi multimedia setting for 2.4GHz on the R7500?
Message 8 of 95
South_Park
Tutor

Here is my update, Roku 2 is now working fine with WMM disabled on 2.4 GHz but the PS4 still shows VERY low speeds under 1 MB/s. It helps if I switch the channel from "Auto" to "11" but this is creating other compatibly problems.

A Firmware update that finally would work good would be nice.
Message 9 of 95
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Please try this firmware if that will fix your issue with the wireless signal.

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=93827
Message 10 of 95
racingmatt73
Aspirant

Im having the same exact problem but only on my xbox 360 which is connected on wifi 2.4ghz. Can anyone give me a permanent solution?
Message 11 of 95
CriticalmassZ1
Aspirant

Same issue here. Loses internet access about every 12 hours. Interesting thing is, everything INSIDE the network functions normally. It just drops Internet connection. In order to fix it I have to reset the modem. I have downgraded the firmware (because it only just started happening), but the same issue continues.

Everything INSIDE the network continues to function, it is only the connection to the modem that gets dropped (and it's not the modem. a simple reset of the router works to resolve the issue for a day, then it needs to be done again)
Message 12 of 95
Fairytail
Virtuoso

What firmware is currently loaded on your router? If its not the beta firmware V1.0.0.74, you may try to use it and see if that fixes the issue.
Message 13 of 95
Nonlin
Novice

So I just purchased this router yesterday. Tried searching for a match in Hero's of the Storm and it would keep disconnecting. Eventually it decided not too and I finally found a match.

Is there a fix for this. Such an expensive router only to start having troubles on day 2. :mad:
Message 14 of 95
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello,
I have no problems in the 2.4 and 5 GHz band, the router is already two weeks without anny trubbels, I have the latest firmware installed steps:
1. router to default settings
2. FW installed (76)
3. routern to default settings after upgrade
4. router reset

No problems with connection issue; stable:D
Message 15 of 95
MB306
Aspirant

Same issue here.
Changed out my modem.
Had my ISP out to check the signal.
Everything points to the router.

I am running software version V1.0.0.82
Currently have two Xboxes, three android phones, two iPhones, a printer, a Chromecast, and three windows laptops and one Macbook attached to it wirelessly. Yea, I know, too many devices, but I have a big family.

First problem I have ever had with a Netgear product.
Message 16 of 95
millercentral
Aspirant

Question for those experiencing this: Do you have IPv6 enabled?

I just got this router (upgrading from ASUS AC66U), and when I enable IPv6 I find the link to the cable modem drops after some period of time. When IPv6 is not enabled, it appears to work fine.

My ISP is Comcast in the Seattle, WA area. I have a Motorola SB6183 Cable Modem.
Message 17 of 95
millercentral
Aspirant

Question for those impacted: Do you have IPv6 Enabled?

I'm new to this router, but I've seen the same issue (loosing connection to cable modem after some period of time) when IPv6 is enabled. With it disabled, the issue does not reproduce.

I have Comcast internet in the Seattle, WA area, and a Motorola SB6183 modem.

I so far haven't been able to see a log entry that explains what is going on...
Message 18 of 95
MB306
Aspirant

I have IPv6 disabled.
Message 19 of 95
thankyoupatrick
Aspirant

I am having this issue as well. IPv6 disabled. After the most recent firmware update 1.0.0.82 I've discovered that the only solution is rebooting the Nighthawk X4.
Message 20 of 95
Beyond
Aspirant

Have similar issue, on the 5ghz band, any device that connects for a long period of time, (couple of hours), it becomes non responsive to the Internet. I usually have to just reconnect and it comes back alive.

Latest firmware.

3 iPads
1 iPhone
2 android phones
Surface pro 3
3 laptops
1 smart tv
Message 21 of 95
MB306
Aspirant

I started a trouble ticket with Netgear. An email from them said they would send me a beta patch file if I signed a non-disclosure form, which I did. That was two days ago. So far, no patch has been received.

If the patch file does not appear soon and work, the router is going back to the store and I will purchase a different brand. This random rebooting is getting very frustrating. :mad:
Message 22 of 95
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

MB306, I will try to bring this to the attention of Netgear, but since today is Sunday there may not be an immediate response.
Message 23 of 95
muetzekoeln
Novice

Beyond wrote:
Have similar issue, on the 5ghz band, any device that connects for a long period of time, (couple of hours), it becomes non responsive to the Internet. I usually have to just reconnect and it comes back alive.

That sounds like the same problem I have reported:
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=94334
Message 24 of 95
MB306
Aspirant

I just spoke with a Netgear representative. They called me after I set up a support ticket. My issue was diagnosed as a hardware problem. Netgear set up a RMA and will be sending me a replacement router to swap out with the router they believe has the hardware issue.
Message 25 of 95
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7