Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7500 Keep Dropping Connection

MB306
Aspirant

Sure, Netgear will send me a replacement, BUT not until I pay for Shipping:
For a warranty return or "SWAP" customers are responsible for the freight charges to NETGEAR.
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! I have to pay shipping on a DEFECTIVE router. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Terrible policy by this company and it has driven me to do my future networking business with other vendors. I exclusively bought Netgear products for the past 10 years and promoted Netgear to my friends. But that just ended with this ridiculous policy.
Message 26 of 95
rmacbeth
Apprentice

mahisamk, Go in to your Keychain access open Finder/Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access.app launch the app and click on: “System” (on the left top part of the window) . Find your wireless network - double click. There are two tabs, Attributes & Access Control. Go into the Access Control and check "allow all applications to access this item". It is defaulted on “confirm before allowing access”. This will fix most drops on the network. Also if you had change to a new router and changed your network names or ip address range then you would want to delete the old ones. Since you are in Keychain Access this might be a good time to clean up old keys click on “Login” on the upper left side and go though and delete any key to the old router this will make sure you are using the correct keys. Hope this helps it did for me. Rich
Message 27 of 95
Beyond
Aspirant

Any new firmware to fix this issue yet? I hate to have paid 300 for a router that's great only on the 2.4 ghzband and only sometimes great on 5ghz band. I am still needed to drop and then re add on the 5 ghz band on any device that has been connected for "too long".
Message 28 of 95
CaptainmiFFo
Aspirant

Same issue here.
Message 29 of 95
ipat
Aspirant

Those who have problems with the R7500 using macbook air or pro try this linkhttp://osxdaily.com/2014/10/25/fix-wi-fi-problems-os-x-yosemite/

This solved my download speed and maybe other things that I am not familiar with =);)
Message 30 of 95
bakkera
Novice

Have patience Netgear is busy solving this problem, there is a beta circulating that solves this problem.
Message 31 of 95
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Please create a ticket for support team.

Message 32 of 95
FGR
Novice
Novice

Link to the beta FW?
Message 33 of 95
ironpants
Novice

I have a similar problem. My netgear r7500 keeps rebooting randomly. But the reboot does not complete. The router is always stuck with the power led being red. Disabling WMM and ip6 did help in the way that the reboots do occur less often.
Message 34 of 95
Dareksa1
Initiate

For me disabling WMM and IP v6 didn't helped. I had to restart router everyday.
Beta firmvare solved this problem but appeared another, with media server.
Message 35 of 95
ironpants
Novice

I opened a ticket. Hopefully i will get the beta firmware because the rebooting problem is really annoying.
Message 36 of 95
Puffnstuff
Guide

After reading this thread I've discovered that I'm having a similar issue with my laptop and its intel centrino ultimate n-6300 wifi adapter. My other wireless devices seem to be ok but my laptop disconnects at random and I have to disable and then reenable the connection on my laptop in order to regain internet access. I don't know for certain that this is the same issue you are having but I've read that people with that intel adapter are having lots of issues with connectivity, however I never had it prior to obtaining this router. I've updated my drivers to the latest intel proconnectivity suite with no change in behavior. My phones never have an issue with the router just the laptop.
Message 37 of 95
Puffnstuff
Guide

I stand corrected. My android is periodically giving me the message that it is connected to my wireless 5g network. This is something that I never saw with my previous wndr4500. Has anyone tried rolling back to the 1.0.0.76 firmware to correct this? I'm about to replace my n6300 with a 7260 because of this and to have the latest mimo support.
Message 38 of 95
marcoschaap
Novice

Puffnstuff, I can confirm that after changing my Centrino 6300 Ultimate with a 7260 AC Dual Band module, my problems with my laptop have been solved. Now I can download files from my connected USB disk with a maximum of 455 Mbit/s 🙂
Message 39 of 95
Puffnstuff
Guide

I replaced the n-6300 yesterday with the 7260ac and my connection has been stable ever since. My connection speeds range between 650-780mbps so I'm happy with it. The worst part was disassembling my laptop to get to the slot.:eek:
Message 40 of 95
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I have a 7260AC fitted, and get blistering rates, however I have noticed that it can reduce to a relative crawl at times, regardless of what network it is connected to. The answer for me is to either reboot the laptop (a bit nauseous) or disable/enable the 7260AC (very easy using F9 on my laptop). So for me the 7260 isn’t quite perfect, but is pretty close.
Message 41 of 95
marcoschaap
Novice

Babylon5 wrote:
I have a 7260AC fitted, and get blistering rates, however I have noticed that it can reduce to a relative crawl at times, regardless of what network it is connected to. The answer for me is to either reboot the laptop (a bit nauseous) or disable/enable the 7260AC (very easy using F9 on my laptop). So for me the 7260 isn’t quite perfect, but is pretty close.

Babylon5,

You could try this solution from the Intel forum to rule out an issue with network scanning while connected.

1. Open Registry Editor (Windows 8/8.1, right click where Start button was, click Run, type regedit. Windows 7, click Start, click Run, type regedit)

2. Head to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System\ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Class \ {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} [Be sure to expand the 4d36e.... folder]

3. Inside will be a number of folders named 0000, 0001, 0002, etc. Look through all these folders until you get one that says Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 in the registry.

4. Once the device has been found, search for a value called ScanWhenAssociated.

5. If you see this value, set it to 0 on hexadecimal. If you don't see the value, click edit from the top, select new, and click DWORD (32-bit) value. Rename this value to ScanWhenAssociated (exactly as shown). Make sure this value is set to 0 on hexadecimal.

6. Restart the computer. This is important. The changes won't take effect unless you do.

source: (https://communities.intel.com/thread/53294)

Hopefully this resolves the connection deterioration! 🙂
Message 42 of 95
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thanks, I might give that a try, but currently the deterioration is infrequent, having said that though, it becomes noticeable when it matters i.e. I’m just kicking off a backup of a large file. So, I might just give it a go anyway and maybe I’ll never see the problem again. 😉
Message 43 of 95
Puffnstuff
Guide

I'm still quite happy with the performance that my intel 7260ac card is giving me and can't say enough good things about it.
Message 44 of 95
Puffnstuff
Guide

FWIW I just rolled back the firmware to 1.0.0.76 and my router performance has gone back to normal.
Message 45 of 95

Hi anyone got some updates on the issue? My R7500 worked fine for around half a year and recently starts dropping Internet connection as well.

The frequent reboot required is making me crazy and I could not find a way out. So is that reverting to an older firrmware can solve this problem?

Message 46 of 95
JamesGL
Master

Hi @Whateverman888,

Welcome to Community!

I would need the following information so that I can provide you necessary resolution.

1. Did you update the firmware of the router? What firmware is it?

2. Did disconnection happen after the firmware update?

3. Have you reset the router to factory default after the update?

4. Does disconnection happens of both wired and wireless devices?

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 47 of 95

Hi JamesGL,

Thanks for your help!

1. My R7500 is using V1.0.0.94 firmware, which I updated at the moment I saw it released (around two months ago?);

2. After the firmware update to .94 it worked fine for about a month and disconnect issue happened starting from mid Aug;

3. I tried factory reset the router and restore the setting but the disconnection still went on;

4. In fact when the "disconnection" happens, only the internet port is disconnected. Both wired and wireless devices still can access each other on the "Intranet" but none can access the Internet. I have around 10 devices (5 mobile phones, 3 PC, 1 Windows tab, 1 NAS and 2-3 multimedia devices) that may connect to it but at most only around 6-7 devices will work at the same time. I do also have an EX6200 extender connected wirelessly to the R7500 but I guess it does not have anything related to the EX6200 which only extend the Wifi (5GHz only in Fastlane mode) of R7500.

Hope these info helps and please see if you need more info. Thanks!

Message 48 of 95
JamesGL
Master

@Whateverman888,

I just want to verify if you can get stable connection when connected directly to the modem without the router in the picture.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 49 of 95

Hi JamesGL,

I tried to connect the PC to the modem for 1 day and the connection is stable for the period.

Sorry I can only afford to test this for 1 day.

Whateverman888

Message 50 of 95
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7