Re: R7500 new firmware live V1.0.0.94!

JamesGL
Master

Hi paulanderegg,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 201 of 225
Sammy98
Aspirant

How to use this one? Smiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

Message 202 of 225
JamesGL
Master

Hi Sammy98,

What is your concern with the router?

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 203 of 225
William10a
Master

mu-mimo is feature that the router still could used without as a router just simple code could turn off the mu part of the mimo and must people would never know until they started to replace their old devices with new ones.

Message 204 of 225
franctastic
Tutor

Message 205 of 225
JamesGL
Master

Hi franctastic,

The issue has been addressed by NETGEAR. You may check the articles below.

http://kb.netgear.com/30632/Web-GUI-Password-Recovery-and-Exposure-Security-Vulnerability

http://www.netgear.com/about/security/

Message 206 of 225
PEHowland
Apprentice

@JamesGL    I don't think so!   This thread is for the poorly supported R7500 router.  Where is the firmware update for this router that addresses this issue?  I see no mention of it in the links you provide.

Model: R7500|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router
Message 207 of 225
William10a
Master

@jldiablo wrote:

Hey guys,

Just found out that the new firmware v1.0.0.94 is live on the support site (not available on Genie yet)! The changelog looks promising, hope it delivers what it says on the tin, then at least I will be able to use it as my main router.

New Features & Enhancements

Updated 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless driver settings to fix the wireless connection unstable issue and low performance with some wireless clients.
Enhanced the Samba performance for NTFS file system of HDD
Enhanced the Web management GUI response speed
Buf Fixes

Fixed the issue where the Block Site function is not working (in V1.0.0.92 firmware)
Fix the issue where the Speedtest function is not working when WAN port is in PPPoE mode (in V1.0.0.92 firmware)
Fixed SOAP security issue

Good luck upgrading!

Best

I agree to a point some the issues may have  not been answered by by the latest firmware update and some have to a point. If everybody had the same settings on their router and used them the same way a answer would be simple but trying to cover all the bases at one time is impossible  where two people can not agree on the same color of paint.

Message 208 of 225
funiwant
Aspirant

Hello, I am still on V1.0.0.76. Everything seems ok, internet is a little slow but ok. I don't use all the features of this router, basically just wireless router. My question is: Do I need to do the update?

Message 209 of 225
William10a
Master

That is a dual edge sword on one side you could gain befits in router performance and on the other side you not see a change at all. If your happly where you are with the firmware you could just keep it.

Message 210 of 225
StephenB
Guru

@funiwant wrote:

Hello, I am still on V1.0.0.76. Everything seems ok, internet is a little slow but ok. I don't use all the features of this router, basically just wireless router. My question is: Do I need to do the update?

The SOAP security vulnerability fix is worth taking, so I would update it.

Message 211 of 225
Mortey
Guide

Terrible product, terrible firmware, terrible company

Message 212 of 225
Robysax
Aspirant

Hi William,

Iinstall new fw 1.0.0.108 and see my new post https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R7500v1-new-fw-V1-0-0-108/td-p/1328234/jump-...

Now you can enable MU-MIMO feature in wireless setting menu.

Give me a feedback please.

Message 213 of 225
CaJazzman
Tutor

I installed the new fw 1.0.0.108, and it seems that some of my devices, don't connect. I then found that there's a newer fw 1.0.0.110, so, I installed that one, and I found again, that one of my devices, Samsung 42" Smart TV. I got it to connect once, but, otherwise, I've been unable to connect to my network. Now this tv is located in a back bedroom, but before these two fw updates, I was able to always connect. Do, I need a WIFI Extender, or not? This is getting very frustrating to say the least.
Message 214 of 225
Robysax
Aspirant

I use fw 1.0.0.110 on my R7500v1 but, no problem on coverage so far.

Most important is to reset router after fw upgrade and reconfigure manually, not restore configuration from file.

I have choosed USA on Region Selection because you get more WiFi power than other countries.

You have to use a sw to monitor WiFi networks like inssider or acrylic to select right channel and others parameters for improving coverage.

Message 215 of 225
howesoft
Star

I had the same problems and was lucky enough to be able to return the R7500 to Amazon for a refund, who accepted that is did not work and never had worked - I am very grateful to Amazon.  I have moved to a different brand of router and it just works, no issues, no slow downs and does everything and more I originally expected from the R7500 at a far lower price point.   I had always purchased & recommended Netgear previously, but there has to be an awful lot of water flow under the bridge before I consider anything from Netgear in the future - there should have been a recall, refund and not least an apology over the R7500 and it is the complete lack of responsibility that will keep me away longer than anything.

I suppose if they delete this post, it just shows what level of responsibility they are prepared to take over this problem.

@martinmarty wrote:

Since day 1, I have been disappointed with the apparent lack of interest from Netgear. They really fooled me into spending a bunch of money on fancy looking plastic with nothing under the hood, buggy FW and the slowest UI I have had the displeasure to use, not to mention never fulfilling the promise of WRT support. Anyway, when FW updates finally did come out, I avoided them because of the necessity to recreate my configuration manually (I have quite a bit of special config and there is no easy way even to print the entire config so I coul manually re-enter everything fter the 108 upgrade.

Anyway, when  I finally did take the time to do both the 108 and 100 updates, I had the same prolem as CaJazzman. After the update I had one Android phone and one Android TV box that would no longer connect.

I have no faith in Netgear support to resolve or even acknowledge the problem so I did not even waste time reporting it. I simply went back to the 94 FW and voila, all my devices connect again, first try.

Now I find out Netgear is dropping support for this "flagship" router, not even 3 years old. What a joke. We'll see if I spend any more money on Netgear products.

Message 216 of 225
CaJazzman
Tutor

So, after reading others with similar issue, and now reading that they are dropping support for this router, should I stay with the latest upgrade version or drop back down to an other version? If, so, which one?
Message 217 of 225
William10a
Master

@CaJazzman wrote:
So, after reading others with similar issue, and now reading that they are dropping support for this router, should I stay with the latest upgrade version or drop back down to an other version? If, so, which one?

You could drop a version if you think would help but will lose any security updates that are in the newest version how ever the the good news you can go back to the new version if you like later.

Message 218 of 225
martinmarty
Tutor

Thanks, howesoft. I've also used a lot of Negear products in the past with success, however this was my first foray into new, state-of-the-art (HA!) hardware, er rather marketing. I sure could have bought a lot of different consumer-grade routers for $300 had I known Netgear would do this.

@howesoft wrote:

I had the same problems and was lucky enough to be able to return the R7500 to Amazon for a refund, who accepted that is did not work and never had worked - I am very grateful to Amazon.  I have moved to a different brand of router and it just works, no issues, no slow downs and does everything and more I originally expected from the R7500 at a far lower price point.   I had always purchased & recommended Netgear previously, but there has to be an awful lot of water flow under the bridge before I consider anything from Netgear in the future - there should have been a recall, refund and not least an apology over the R7500 and it is the complete lack of responsibility that will keep me away longer than anything.

I suppose if they delete this post, it just shows what level of responsibility they are prepared to take over this problem.

@martinmarty wrote:

Since day 1, I have been disappointed with the apparent lack of interest from Netgear. They really fooled me into spending a bunch of money on fancy looking plastic with nothing under the hood, buggy FW and the slowest UI I have had the displeasure to use, not to mention never fulfilling the promise of WRT support. Anyway, when FW updates finally did come out, I avoided them because of the necessity to recreate my configuration manually (I have quite a bit of special config and there is no easy way even to print the entire config so I coul manually re-enter everything fter the 108 upgrade.

Anyway, when  I finally did take the time to do both the 108 and 100 updates, I had the same prolem as CaJazzman. After the update I had one Android phone and one Android TV box that would no longer connect.

I have no faith in Netgear support to resolve or even acknowledge the problem so I did not even waste time reporting it. I simply went back to the 94 FW and voila, all my devices connect again, first try.

Now I find out Netgear is dropping support for this "flagship" router, not even 3 years old. What a joke. We'll see if I spend any more money on Netgear products.

Message 219 of 225
martinmarty
Tutor

I would run the latest version where all your stuff works. Also download them all and keep them all just in case.

@CaJazzman wrote:

Message 220 of 225
Mortey
Guide

Who can I write to about this pile of rubbish?  Netgear seem to hide behind a wall and so I cannot find an email address of someone who can answer how the hell this useless piece of junk was released in the first place, let alone not recalled.

Anyone have an email address of someone senior?

Thanks

Message 221 of 225
CaJazzman
Tutor

So, after having the issue of not connecting, yesterday, I was unable to connect to the internet through the router, but was able to connect through just the modem, just being hooked up. I after hrs of trying everything, I unplugged everything and waited over night to hook back up, when I'm now connected to the internet, using the router and my modem. I did have to set back up my router, which was so easy, but when I went to see if my Smart TV in the back would connect, it would connect to the router, which showed a green check mark, but from the router to the internet, it wouldn't connect, which showed a red X. Now, I'm still have the newest firmware installed, 1.0.0.110, but, at least it's somewhat better, but still have no idea why it won't completely connect to my Smart TV in the back room. So, not sure what my next move is at this time.
Message 222 of 225
martinmarty
Tutor

@CaJazzman the only thing I can suggest for your lack of Internet connectivity is to look in the IP settings for your TV and see what the DNS servers are set to, though I can't imagine why what you had working before would not still be working now. I have a Samsung SmartTV too and I have DNS set to Auto, but on other devices in the past I've sometimes set them to use Google's DNS servers at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 with good results. If you have manually specified a gateway address, that should be your router's internal/local (LAN) address, frequently 192.168.1.1. Also after making config changes on the TV, try to make sure you get a hard power off/on reset rather than just some kind of sleep mode (like you did with your router and cable modem where you unplugged them for a while). Like I said, I can't imagine what you could have configured that would have worked with the old router firmware and not the new, as far as getting to the Internet. My problems after the upgrade were inability to connect to the router. Good luck.

Message 223 of 225
CaJazzman
Tutor

So, now after another month, and another upgrade to 1.0.0.116, My issue is still that I can connect to my router, but not to the internet. I'm now getting the feeling like, I'll never be able to connect to the internet again, from this Smart TV, but, am still wondering why?
Message 224 of 225
CaJazzman
Tutor

CaJazzman wrote:
So, now after another month, and another upgrade to 1.0.0.116, My issue is still that I can connect to my router, but not to the internet. I'm now getting the feeling like, I'll never be able to connect to the internet again, from this Smart TV, but, am still wondering why?
gh, to sendc So, now after sometime, I've been able to connect to the internet again. We, had a new garage door opener installed, when our old died. The new one is a LiftMaster with MyQ. It wasn't until, Chamberlain, was kind enough, to send out Internet Bridges to those, who had signed up before a certain date. So, now that I have this bridge installed and working, I decided to check out my Samsung Smart TV again, and low and behold, it connected to the WiFi without and ussues, and am now able to watch and listen to all my SmartHub apps again. What a relief.
Message 225 of 225
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E