Re: R7500 readyshare mediaserver problems

MrAsh
Aspirant

R7500 readyshare mediaserver problems

The readyshare mediaserver of my R7500 often crashes or DLNA client devices (e.g. Smart TV, PS4) get disconnected. The media istself is located on an attached USB2.0 Western Digigtal 2TB HDD which is also used as a NAS. This problem occurs around 2-3 times a day, and the only thing that realy helps is to restart the R7500 and re-index the whole media on the USB HDD (which takes several hours to finish each time). Up until now it became nearly impossible to stream a whole movie because the R7500's media server disconnects and will not come back to life again until the router is rebooted. I've already installed the newest firmware available, and also hard reseted the device several times, all with no success. Any ideas what else i can do?

Model: R7500|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi MrAsh.

1. Are your devices accessing DLNA on wireless or wired connection? If wireless, please try to connect it wired and try again.

2. Try using a different HDD or a USB and check if the same thing.

3. If media files are accessed via computer, will you get stable connection?

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
MrAsh
Aspirant

Hi JamesGL,

My devices (smart TV and PS4 gmeing console) are already in ethernet RJ-45 wired connection to my R7500. I have tried several externel USB drives, always the same problem. From my computer (MacBook late 2008) i get a quite stable connection to my R7500 readyshre storage, using AFP over TCP, SMB or FTP connection. Also each time i restart the R7500 it loses the DNLA media information, so i manually have to stop/restart the mediaserver function and and hit the search for meida files button again (which sometimes takes hours to finish). In the mean time i've also updated to a custome firmware made by Voxel form myopenrouter but the problem still presists. Any other suggestions?

Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi MrAsh.

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E