Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7500 v2 Upload degrading - Turn off QoS

Ognome157
Aspirant

R7500 v2 Upload degrading - Turn off QoS

Noticed irratic behavior with QoS turned on. At times when doing a speed test the Upload would go to 1Mbs or 2Mbs and then start degrading in sharp steps or a continuous downward curve. Other times it should uploads of 5.5Mbs and all appeared fine and then I would see a sluggest system with my computer. After many visits by a very helpful Spectrum service, we changed out everything from cables to connections to modems and splitters. The problem was that it was infrequent. System may work fine for a few hours or downgrade every few minutes. Resetting the modem sometimes helped, restting the router sometimes helped, resetting both in proper sequence sometimes helped. But, nothing lasted very long.

BUT, turning off QoS (Quality of Service) has stopped all problems. I have had a solid 65Mbs down and 5.8Mbs for hours now.

FYI

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Ognome157
Aspirant

Re: R7500 v2 Upload degrading - Turn off QoS

It ended up that the internet and modem run fine until the R7500 V2 is connected. Then it runs intermittenly. Sometimes great, sometimes very poorly. Netgear support agreed and issued an RMA for a newer model. Thats all we can ask for is that they back their product when we get a faulty one.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Ognome157
Aspirant

Update, it ran for 9 hours then started having upload issues again. Now testing with ethernet hardwire from computer to modem no Router. I will report later. It looks so far as an intermittent issue of R7500 v2. How do you test for that?

Message 2 of 3
Ognome157
Aspirant

It ended up that the internet and modem run fine until the R7500 V2 is connected. Then it runs intermittenly. Sometimes great, sometimes very poorly. Netgear support agreed and issued an RMA for a newer model. Thats all we can ask for is that they back their product when we get a faulty one.

Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7