Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7500 v2: Wifi is off after updating to firmware v1.0.3.16

TDSchmidt
Aspirant

R7500 v2: Wifi is off after updating to firmware v1.0.3.16

I am running MS Windows 10 and I recently updated my firmware to v1.0.3.16 on Nighthawk 4 AC2350 through the Netgear Genie router update section. After updating, I lost my wireless and now it will not turn on. I then tried using the notes and links when logging into www.routerlogin.net; however, I get a message indicating the latest firmware exists. I've even tried to go back through the set-ups with no luck. I also used the reboot feature on the genie. I'm not sure where to go from here.
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: R7500 v2: Wifi is off after updating to firmware v1.0.3.16

Well done, you beat me to it.

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration. So a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have problems with new firmware. First note down the settings – screen grabs can help here.

PS If you mark your problem as Solved that could help anyone who turns up here later with a similar problem. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
TDSchmidt
Aspirant

I completed a factory reset and it works now. For anyone that's not a technology person, it's the little bitty hole on the back that requires a paper clip pressed to it for 7 to 10 seconds. 

Message 2 of 3

Well done, you beat me to it.

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration. So a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have problems with new firmware. First note down the settings – screen grabs can help here.

PS If you mark your problem as Solved that could help anyone who turns up here later with a similar problem. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7